Have you tried Spelling Bee? There’s a lot of buzz around our newest word game. See how many words you can make with 7 letters to reach higher levels.
Keep your mind sharp with word games from The New York Times. Free to download, the app offers puzzles for every level so you can steadily improve your skills. From the classic Crossword to Spelling Bee, we’ve got a word game for every player.
Upgrade your downtime with the following features:
• AD-FREE WORD GAMES: There are never any ads to disrupt the fun in our Crossword app, so you can play without distraction.
• THE CROSSWORD: Looking for a classic word game? Subscribers can play the same puzzle that’s printed daily in The New York Times newspaper in our app. This puzzle increases in difficulty from Monday to Saturday, so there’s something for everyone.
• SPELLING BEE: Is scrambling your strong suit? Play Spelling Bee and see how many words you can make with 7 letters. Play Spelling Bee at your own pace throughout the day. New Spelling Bee puzzles are available daily.
• THE MINI CROSSWORD: Short on time? The daily Mini is all the fun of our iconic Crossword puzzle, but you can solve it in seconds. These word games don’t increase in difficulty throughout the week and feature simpler clues.
• LEADERBOARDS: Start a friendly competition with our Mini leaderboards. Add up to 25 friends to see who can solve today’s Mini puzzle the fastest.
• PUZZLE ARCHIVE: Sharpen your skills with thousands of word games. Subscribers get access to our archive of over 10,000 editions of The Crossword and over 2,000 Mini Crossword puzzles.
• STATS: Track your progress with performance stats for The Crossword. Monitor your average solve times, see how many puzzles you can solve in a row or improve your solve rate.
DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS:
Download our app to be automatically enrolled in a no obligation 7-day free trial with all subscriber benefits. After the trial ends, you can purchase a monthly or annual New York Times Games subscription.
Get unlimited digital access to all our games, the Crossword archives, and all subscriber benefits for $6.99* per month or $39.99* per year (save over 52% compared to a monthly subscription).
*Sales taxes may apply.
PAYMENT AND AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS:
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW YORK TIMES GAMES VIA THIS APP, PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED BY APPLE TO YOUR APPLE ID ACCOUNT AT CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE. YOUR APPLE ID ACCOUNT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR RENEWAL AT THE APPLICABLE RATE SHOWN TO YOU AT THE TIME OF SUBSCRIPTION EVERY 4 WEEKS (FOR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS) OR EVERY YEAR (FOR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS) WITHIN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. YOU WILL BE CHARGED IN ADVANCE. YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE EACH MONTH OR YEAR UNLESS IT IS CANCELED AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT PERIOD. TO CANCEL, PLEASE TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW AT LEAST 24-HOURS BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT PERIOD. YOU CAN TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW AT ANY TIME FROM YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT SETTINGS. CANCELLATION TAKES EFFECT AT THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD.
BY DOWNLOADING THE NEW YORK TIMES CROSSWORD APP, you agree to:
• The automatic renewal terms stated above.
• The New York Times California Privacy Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
• The New York Times Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
• Apple Terms of Sale: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html
Please note: A subscription to New York Times Games does not include access to any other New York Times products, including but not limited to nytimes.com, New York Times Cooking, Wirecutter, mobile news content and other apps on non-iOS devices.
This version contains improvements to keep you solving smoothly!
Have feedback? Email us at email@example.com.
This week’s #FunFact is in honor of “Squid Game”: SQUID has appeared in the daily Crossword six times in the Shortz era, clued as “Ika, at a sushi bar,” “Tentacled sea creature” and the devious “Ink dispenser.” GAME has appeared 63 times, and its clues have included “Up (or down) for something,” “Deer and fox, e.g.” and “Go, for one.”
Ratings and Reviews
Full Time Pass
Gets you thinking and best played on the ipad
Excellent app. Issues with keyboard
The keyboard has shrunk down in size. I can’t reach any of the buttons without pressing the wrong one!!!
Keyboard sizing is off
The keyboard is much smaller and has shrunk. Can’t type anything now and it hurts my timings. Please revert back to the old version
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The New York Times Company (iDP)
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020, The New York Times Company
- In-App Purchases
- New York Times Crossword Subscription ₹ 419
- Free Starter Pack ₹ 0
- Introducing the Midi ₹ 0
- New York Times Crossword Subscription ₹ 2,499
- 75th Anniversary ₹ 0
- Bite-Size Minis ₹ 89
- Easy as Pie Minis ₹ 269
- Easy as Pie Midis ₹ 349
- All New Mondays 5 ₹ 449
- Monday, Monday ₹ 349
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.