Get things done! The award-winning Things app helps you plan your day, manage your projects, and make real progress toward your goals.
Best of all, it’s easy to use. Within the hour, you’ll have everything off your mind and neatly organized—from routine tasks to your biggest life goals—and you can start focusing on what matters today.
“Things offers the best combination of design and functionality of any app we tested, with nearly all the features of other power user applications and a delightful interface that never gets in the way of your work.”
—Wirecutter, The New York Times
• Your To-Dos
Your basic building block is the almighty To-Do—each a small step toward a great accomplishment. You can add notes, tag it, schedule it, and break it down into smaller steps.
• Your Projects
Create a Project for any big goal, then add the to-dos to reach it. Use headings to structure your list as you outline your plan. There’s also a place to jot down your notes, and a deadline to keep you on schedule.
• Your Areas
Create an Area for each sphere of your life, such as Work, Family, Finance, and so on. This keeps everything neatly organized, and helps you see the big picture as you set your plans in motion.
• Your Plan
Everything on your schedule is neatly laid out in the Today and Upcoming lists, which show your to-dos and calendar events. Each morning, see what you planned for Today and decide what you want to do. The rest is down to you :)
MORE THINGS TO LOVE
As you dive deeper, you’ll find Things packed with helpful features. Here are just a few:
• Reminders — set a time and Things will remind you.
• Repeaters — automatically repeat to-dos on a schedule you set.
• This Evening — a special place for your evening plans.
• Calendar integration — see your events and to-dos together.
• Tags — categorize your to-dos and quickly filter lists.
• Quick Find — instantly find to-dos or switch between lists.
• Magic Plus — drag the + button to insert to-dos anywhere in a list.
• Share extension — create to-dos with content from other apps.
• Widgets — see your lists on the home screen.
• Mail to Things — forward an email to Things; now it’s a to-do.
• And much more!
MADE FOR IPHONE
Things is tailored to the iPhone with deep system integrations as well. A great example is the Share extension, which allows you to create to-dos with content from other apps, such as a link to a website you want to get back to.
You can also enjoy a beautiful dark mode at sunset, connect your calendars, add widgets to your home screen, create to-dos via Siri, import from Reminders—Things can do it all! There’s even Shortcuts integration if you want to automate your workflows.
MADE FOR APPLE WATCH
Things comes with a great app for Apple Watch. Just raise your wrist to glance at your Today list, mark to-dos complete as you go, and dictate new ones on the fly—all synced instantly with your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Made in Stuttgart, with two Apple Design Awards to its name, Things is a fine example of German engineering: designed not only to look fantastic, but to be perfectly functional as well. Every detail is thoughtfully considered, then polished to perfection.
“It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.”
GET THINGS TODAY
Whatever it is you want to accomplish in life, Things can help you get there. Install the app today and see what you can do!
• Things is also available for Mac and iPad (sold separately).
• Sync is provided for free via our Things Cloud service.
• A free trial is available for Mac: thingsapp.com
If you have any questions, please get in touch. We provide professional support and will be glad to help you!
• The Clear button will now show in the When popover for mixed selections.
• Fixed a bug where setting a reminder on a to-do in Today could unintentionally cause it to appear in This Evening if it was in This Evening on a prior day.
• Fixed a bug where it could be impossible to set a reminder on a to-do that appeared in Today because of a deadline and still has its yellow “new in Today” dot.
• Fixed a bug where tags could be erroneously added to to-dos when reordering or dragging them into tag-filtered lists.
• Fixed a bug where drag & drop feedback would be misleading when dragging items into a list that is filtering out to-dos.
• Fixed a bug where the order of Upcoming items could be incorrect in Tag lists, Contact lists, and search results.
• Fixed a bug where, when pasting multiple lines of text into a project’s title, the extra lines wouldn’t cascade into the notes field.
• Fixed a bug where, when pasting multiple lines of text into a project’s title, the extra lines weren’t stripped out.
• Fixed some issues with the ordering of active projects in Someday.
• Fixed some issues with the behavior of drag & drop in the Later Projects list.
• Fixed a crash that could occur while typing in Quick Find with Display Zoom enabled on some iPhones.
• Various other changes under the hood.
This update accompanied our big 3.15 update for Mac, bringing universal support for Apple Shortcuts – plus wide-reaching performance improvements, support for international keyboard layouts, and more.
Things for Mac now integrates with Apple’s Shortcuts app! It works just like it does on your iPhone and iPad, so any shortcuts you create will simply work on your Mac as well. (Requires macOS 12 Monterey.)
MAJOR PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS
Over the past months we’ve put a ton of work into improving performance. This involved a massive unification of Mac & iOS code and a redefinition of how lists operate under the hood. The resulting speed boost will be most noticeable for those with very large databases and many projects, but the app will be generally snappier for everyone.
There were also a few situations where Things would behave differently on Mac & iOS. As an added benefit, our work on code unification eliminates such quirks, providing a more consistent experience across devices.
INTERNATIONAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT (iPad & Mac)
With the release of iPadOS 15 and macOS 12 Monterey, keyboard shortcuts can adapt to your specific keyboard layout. Apple’s own apps have adopted this behavior on iPad and Mac, and we’ve now built it into Things.
If you have a US keyboard, your shortcuts won’t change. On non-US layouts, shortcuts involving letters will mostly stay the same. Shortcuts involving special characters will now be easier to type, and some that were previously impossible to use can now be typed for the first time!
To see the new shortcuts for your keyboard layout:
• On iPad, hold down the Cmd key.
• On Mac, simply browse the app’s menu or go to Help > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone needs a task manager—and Things is adaptable enough for anyone. This Apple Design Award winner is crisp and lightweight, featuring a simple but effective interface. The ever-present Magic Plus button makes it easy to add to-dos from anywhere in the app, and organizing items is as simple as dragging them where you want them. It’s like the unicorn of productivity tools: deep enough for serious work, surprisingly easy to use, and gorgeous enough to enjoy staring at.
The app is just great but its lacking a couple of things
1. When we add a new todo it always goes at the top so every time I have to rearrange them. So it will be good to have an opinion to have those todos appear from the top.
2. And also it would be good to have a month review though it is not that helpful but would be great to have that option when required.
3. Please add support for prioritising in the today list like from high to low. It would be very helpful when we have lots of things to do but we would know what is more important.
And also keep up the good work that you guys are doing. I just love the Ux of the app.
Developer Response ,
They there! Thanks for your feedback. Here are a few tips for you: (1) Drag and drop the + button to where you need the new to-do. We have a support page with videos demonstrating this and many other cool gestures that make using the app easier. (2) Our *Upcoming* list is meant to provide you with a forecast. You can view all your scheduled and repeating to-dos there, as well as those with a deadline. Neatly arranged in chronological order. (3) For to-dos that have a high priority, we suggest using a tag (you can even include an emoji). Our support page on tags will help you get started on this.
Love the app! Feature Request...
Hey, first of all...love the app. It is my daily go-to app to manage everything I possibly need to get done. It has helped me immensely stay on track and build new habits in the last 2 months. Which brings me to the feature request!
If possible, please do add a habit tracker kinda tab (like streaks of the daily-todo which we tick so we know can see our progress too. I know it’s not exactly what the app is supposed to do, but if that feature can be added..it’ll literally be a complete package to manage todos but also build and track new habits while doing so! Thank you for the wonderful app ♥️
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cultured Code GmbH & Co. KG
- 102.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Cultured Code
- ₹ 899
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.