Threema is the world’s best-selling secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations, and governments. Threema can be used completely anonymously, allows to make end-to-end encrypted voice and video calls, and offers every feature one would expect from a state-of-the-art instant messenger. With Threema Web, you can also use Threema from your Desktop.
PRIVACY AND ANONYMITY
Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data. Threema is fully compliant with the European privacy legislation (GDPR).
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
Threema encrypts ALL your communications END-TO-END including messages, voice and video calls, group chats, media files and even status messages. You can rest assured that only the intended recipient can read your chats, and nobody else – not even us. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
Threema is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
• write text and send voice messages
• make voice and video calls (requires iPhone 5s / iOS 10 or above)
• share videos, pictures and locations
• send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
• use Threema Web to chat from your Desktop
• create groups
• conduct polls with the unique poll feature
• choose between a dark and a light theme
• quickly and silently reply with the unique agree/disagree feature
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
We let users confirm trusted contacts with a QR code or a key fingerprint to prevent man in the middle attacks.
We are a 100% independent and self-financed company in the heart of Switzerland with its own servers and in-house software development. Switzerland is a country with some of the most user friendly privacy laws in the world.
SUPPORT / CONTACT
For questions or problems please consult our FAQs: https://threema.ch/en/faq
• New: End-to-end encrypted video calls
• Group notifications in Notification Center
• Adjusted volume of voice messages
• Relative dates in chats
• Support for diacritical characters in contact-list search
• Removed button to start cellular calls from contact details
• VoiceOver improvements
• Various other improvements and miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Purchased But No Friends
I purchased this app because I thought that a few of my friends might be there on but there is nobody only ECHOECHO is there as my friend.
Please make threema either free with aids in bottom or lower the price to 20% so that everyone can join it. Rest I loved the concept.
Having been using this for years now. Knowing that personal conversations remain personal is a big factor for firing up Threema every single day
New updations getting better. Missing one option like some other secure apps already has, delete send messages from both ends or a self destruction feature will be a good addition.
- Threema GmbH
- 94.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Basque, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Rhaeto-Romance, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Threema GmbH
- ₹ 249
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.