You deserve a break. Easy break reminders, with flexible customization if you want it.
It is very easy to fall into bad habits when using a computer for hours on end. You care about what you are doing, so can sometimes push yourself too far, or over-strain yourself. The human body isn't built to sit in one position for endless hours, gripping a mouse or typing on the keyboard. Dejal Time Out is here to help. It will gently remind you to take a break on a regular basis.
Time Out comes with two kinds of breaks: a "Normal" break, typically for 10 minutes every hour, so you can move about and relax, plus a "Micro" break: a very brief pause of typically 15 seconds every 15 minutes, so you can remember not to tense up too much for long periods. You can change, disable or remove either kind of break if desired, and add new kinds of breaks, e.g. fixed lunch or afternoon breaks.
You can configure how long each kind of break lasts, and how long between breaks, and the breaks can be set to count backwards when you take a natural break, e.g. when you go away from your computer.
The app features customizable break themes, with several variations to show during breaks. These themes can be edited if desired, using standard HTML.
While in a break, a progress bar shows how long till it is over, and buttons are available to postpone or skip the break if you can't be interrupted right then.
What's more, you can optionally perform various actions before, during or after breaks. You can display a notification, play a sound, speak some text, run a script, and more.
- A quick fix to have the Do Not Disturb break exclusion option off by default, as apparently a lot of people leave DND on all the time, resulting in unintentionally missing breaks. Sorry about that!
Version 2.8 also includes:
• New option to end a break early.
• New option to postpone breaks for app exclusions.
• Added an option to skip breaks when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Can now show the time since the last break in the status item.
• Control Time Out via URL schemes.
• New LCD Digital Clock break theme.
• Plus other improvements. Read the release notes on the Updates page in the app for full details.
Ratings and Reviews
Saves my health!
The only app I for sure install on any new mac is this app. The micro break and normal break help me keep my eyes and body healthy. Thank you for a wonderful app!.
Helpful and Apt
Does what is required, simplistic and the only thing one needs to take meaningful and necessary breaks. Go for it.
The best out there and still afordable. Very helpful if you use the Mac often. Interface is very good.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dejal Systems, LLC
- 14.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Dejal Systems, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 3-Month Supporter ₹ 349
- 6-Month Supporter ₹ 699
- 12-Month Supporter ₹ 1,299