TRAI DND App will help consumers to curb unwanted Telemarketing Calls/SMS by reporting to their respective telecom service provider (TSP). With this App, consumers will be able to:
1) Register their mobile number under DND (Do-Not-Disturb)
2) Report spam SMS/Calls, after DND registration.
Registration of mobile number under DND (Do-Not-Register) will take upto 07 days after putting the request with respective telecom service provider (TSP).
For reporting spam Call/SMS, App will auto-create an complaint registration SMS, for sending it to respective TSP. Complaint registration SMS will be sent to toll free number 1909.
TRAI DND App will not block any SMS/Calls from authentic businesses/entities that you have subscribed too, e.g your bank, food delivery apps, travel/taxi apps etc. However user will be responsible for any loss occurred if they report these Call/SMS.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
The new update resolves the issues reported by the customers related to date formatting issues and incorrect message format.
Get the latest version now.
Ratings and Reviews
App is useless
Jio is not allowing messages to 1909. It throws Not Delivered message. They did not address the issue despite multiple complaints to them.
Vodafone does not address the issue. It avoids taking action in 2 ways:
1. Vodafone sends a message saying it will resolve the issue by so and so date but nothing happens. They send an automated spam message on reporting spam.
2. Vodafone representative calls you back saying they did not receive the details in the message although everything is sent. The person asks to provide details on call although they were provided in the form of message to 1909 using this app. And harass the customer to provide details in the future eventhough it was provided. It is Vodafone's job to handle messages once we click send on our phone. They have 3 jobs messages, calls, and data; if Vodafone can't send messages to themselves what good are they?
Blatant violation by Telecom companies and TRAI is not doing anything about it. What is the use of this app if the objective of addressing spam messages is not achieved.
Useful app but TRAI effort is checkmated by my service provider
Why should Vodafone trigger a call back and insist on confirming my name, phone number and read out the entire sms when trai app passes it on straight through. This just makes me waste time if I want to pursue any junk sms / call. It will result in customers not using the app and service providers and trai declaring hollow victory over junk calls.
The complaint should go straight througha and service providers be asked to reply by email or sms on final outcome instead of making more junk calls to the customers from agents who can barely converse.
Beware of Telecom guys giving low app rating
I was in a dilemma on whether to install this app seeing the low rating. But then I saw one reviewer mention the low rating to be given by telecom companies so that consumers won't install it. To test this I installed this app and am happy with it. I am able to report spammers immediately without any trouble now. This app serves the intended purpose correctly. So ignore the rating and install this app if you want to report spammers. Update: Spam calls and sms have reduced significantly after starting to use this app to report.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
- 9.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.