VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion.
It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web.
VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
VLC for Mobile is completely free and open source.
· Add support for SMBv3
· Fix authentication regression with SMBv2 servers
· Fix DNS lookup regression with SMBv2 servers on IPv6-capable networks
· Fix login to Box.com
Ratings and Reviews
Room for improvement
I love VLC and use it on almost all my devices.. two of the things which I believe can greatly improve usage are:
1) A proper movie library like the one Infuse has, showcasing the movie info.
2) Network stream should include Mega in Cloud Services, the others are good but we tend to store all our movies on Mega and other players are including Mega by default.
These two minor improvements could make VLC invincible. The first one making VLC a polished, superior looking media player and the second making people’s lives easier.
Battery drain and video play back.
After the last update issue regarding 10 and 12 bit hevc was resolved however now the battery drains quickly while watching videos on smb connection from 55% to 20% in less than 40 mins. Further the video automatically jumps either to next or previous video automatically atleast once while playing a video over smb.
Fix it asap. As I now need a charger connected constantly to my phone to watch videos on this player.
FYI I am still playing hevc 10-12 bit videos so it is still much more to be fixed.
Also subtitles are not getting downloaded from the default subtitle search option.
It simply loads a blank list each time.
Developer Response ,
We cannot reproduce this problem. Please make sure to allow VLC to access devices on your local network (you actively need to allow this since iOS 14).
Folder features missing!! It's a mess to have the video files scattered in "All Files "!!
VLC was my favourite app of all time. It's soooo user friendly. Now, with the new update, it's became a mess and there's some problems to fix.
1) Earlier, it was possible to group the files, like video songs, trailers and series, into different folders. Now, besides the folders, those video files are scattered in "All Files"' which we don't want (that's why we actually add them into different groups). Trust me. This is the most important thing that anyone needed since your update.
2) When you pause and play a video, there's a audio delay. I don't know why they are not thinking about it.
3) Editing the files has become more difficult.
4) it doesn't let user make folders rendering a long list of videos. Please add that feature
5) I couldn't sort my files according to my liking every time.
Other thane these facts, the new update is amazing. Good job.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 171.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Breton, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Sardinian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © VideoLAN and authors
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.