Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Do you mind if I suggest ? Can we have an option where we can choose list where only the list can see dp and the last seen status instead blocking the unwanted by not giving them the visibility ?
Another important is as this has been the most powerful media across the globe with all ages and across all seasoned and unseasoned lifestyles , can you please filter wrong messages and let use the app more productively, positively and constructively ? As there are all classes of people and all kinds of mentalities , we are coming across panic attacks , wrong and destructive messages and depressing messages, cheap entertainment being circulated rampantly. Request you to take this up very seriously and filter such messages with certain criteria , age , their actual photo their phone numbers , etc before anybody posts.. another idea which I can suggest is the person who first posts such messages or any message. Let the first person’s number be carried along with the message throughout , so that first person will be more responsible to post authentic and constructive message.
Change of the passcode rather than using the phones same passcode, and chat hide feature
Dear whatsapp developers i m using whatsapp since past 6 years...seen many changes and evaluation from then....its all going seem less but there are few issues which i would address u....after enabling the touch-id in whatsapp app...security features increased and in my opinion it was necessary to do so...but pls dont use the same touch-id and passcodes which we have set fr our phne...its must be different as it will increase extra security and one more issue i need to address u is that while chatting or while lying on the whatsapp app....when i switch to notification center and when i come back to whatsapp app....there my screen turns white for few milliseconds which seems that it is slowing down as i m using iPhone 8 plus...and pls add the hide feature in whatsapp as hike is giving this feature....it is really necessary in my opinion...pls look after my concerns regarding this update.
Unable to update status
I am unable to update status on the app since 3 days now. The error showing is “something went wrong. Please try after 24 hours”. Even after trying after 24 hours, still getting the same error message. It feels very irritating to go through this. None to provide any solution to this problem. I have even mailed the whatsapp team to look into this regard but no one has even acknowledged yet or provided any solution to this. The app is so pathetic that I am unable to even backup my chat history on the app where it’s stuck on 53% and not moving a bit ahead since 2 days even though I have good internet connection. I don’t understand whom to contact or what to do with this problem. For an app with this huge base and backed by the tech leader like facebook, this is a worst service that the whatsapp has given. Having seen the jump of #signal app, it’s time to move and chuck whatsapp to their foot level. I will wait for another 24 hours to get this resolved or I’ll first make sure I along with my family member and friends to install signal. Time’s not far to see the downfall of whatsapp with such pathetic service. If you still wish to serve your users do address my and others who are going through this problem and resolve the issue immediately.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 168 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.