Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• When you're in a group video call, you can now press and hold to maximize a participant's video.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Change of the passcode rather than using the phones same passcode, and chat hide feature
Dear whatsapp developers i m using whatsapp since past 6 years...seen many changes and evaluation from then....its all going seem less but there are few issues which i would address u....after enabling the touch-id in whatsapp app...security features increased and in my opinion it was necessary to do so...but pls dont use the same touch-id and passcodes which we have set fr our phne...its must be different as it will increase extra security and one more issue i need to address u is that while chatting or while lying on the whatsapp app....when i switch to notification center and when i come back to whatsapp app....there my screen turns white for few milliseconds which seems that it is slowing down as i m using iPhone 8 plus...and pls add the hide feature in whatsapp as hike is giving this feature....it is really necessary in my opinion...pls look after my concerns regarding this update.
New Update - One Request
The new update (with the dark mode) is great, the translation to iOS 13 in terms of aesthetic, modals, action sheets and 3D Touch looks great. Love the entire experience. Just two suggestions -
1. When inside a chat, 3D Touch doesn't work on an image (to give a preview of the image before opening it entirely) like it did in the previous versions. Please look into this that really helped complete the experience.
2. When modal screens like the forwarding options or the photo gallery is opened, as per the iOS 13 experience, I expect the screen already open behind to sort of get pushed backwards and downwards (this is what the screens behind the modal screen's animations in the rest of the iOS 13 apps look like - including Apple's own). This is a minor detail but it is in these details that the integration with the operating system really comes through.
Apart from these 2 points, great job with the new update. Thank you.
Using WhatsApp has been a great experience. This app has made it easier to stay in touch with family and friends either in our daily lives but especially with those that are out of the country and we can't see otherwise. The ease of this app is great, just start texting like normally and that's it and also the video chat is simple and great. This feature keeps us connected to our family and I think it might be used the most because it makes us feel like we are there with them. It makes us feel connected. Another great feature that I love and use often too is the group feature, it's great, easy and fun all at the same time. Overall WhatsApp is a great app to keep us connected to our family and friends.
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 133.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.