Official supplier to Team Visma | Lease a Bike
If you ride a bike, this app is for you. From pro WorldTour teams to casual riders, Epic Ride Weather helps cyclists to achieve their goals, get out more often, and have more fun on the bike.
* Pick just the right kit every time.
* Choose the best time of day to ride.
* Plan to maximize the tailwind, and avoid a headwind on the way home.
* Plan perfect hydration and nutrition.
Epic Ride Weather provides personalized weather forecasts that take into account your speed and location, combining multiple forecasts to give you a precise projection of weather for the duration of your ride.
How It Works
Epic Ride Weather connects with your favorite GPS app such as Strava, Ride With GPS, Garmin, Komoot and Plotaroute. You pick the route, set the start time and Epic Ride Weather provides a forecast for the whole ride.
A distinct forecast is provided for every 10 minutes of ride time, based on the location that you'll be at that time. With unmatched hyperlocal forecasting from DarkSky, you'll see how temperature, wind speed and direction, and probability of rain vary throughout the ride.
Pick the best time of day to ride based on your route and pace, with the best (or worst) conditions shown for start times throughout the day.
Strava Segments: Your favorite segments are shown alongside your activities and routes. Segments can be sorted by current weather conditions, showing those with the highest tailwind first based on the forecasted wind speed and yaw angle. Today could be your day to best your PR!
Professional cycling teams signed up to the VeloViewer WorldTour package can connect their Race Hub directly with Epic Ride Weather. State-of-the-art weather forecasting can be used to inform race day tactics and strategy for any upcoming stage, race, ITT, TTT or prologue from VeloViewer Race Hub.
New in 2.0:
* New Look! - Updated look, support for larger text sizes, and improved dark mode on all devices!
* Reverse a Route - Have a great route but want to go the opposite direction? Reverse your route!
* Recent Routes - Recent routes have been moved so that you can more easily forecast frequently used routes.
* Humidity - Forecasts now include humidity so that you can plan your hydration.
* Daylight - Plan around sunrise and sunset so that you can ride at edge times more safely.
* UV Index - Forecasts include the UV index so that you can avoid unwanted exposure to ultraviolet rays.
* Improved performance
* Improved support for Trailforks - with separate Favs, Wishlist, Plans
* Nearby Segments - Find Strava segments near your current location, sort by wind advantage to get your next PR.
The Epic Ride Weather app is free and comes with a 30 day trial with 1000 free forecasts which is about thirty or forty 100 km (60 mi) rides.
Continued use requires a monthly or annual subscription. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Now available in English, French, Spanish, German, Slovak, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Turkish, Dutch, Italian, Danish, Swedish.
Added support for Ride With GPS Collections and Events.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Green
- 59.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 David Green
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription USD 3.09
- 1 Year USD 14.87