Meet Libby. Did you know your local library has thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand.
1. Fish out your library card
2. Open the Libby app
3. Find your local library
4. Search, sample, borrow, enjoy
It takes just a few taps to find and borrow a book. Libby has a ground-breaking built-in ebook reader, and a beautiful audiobook player. If you prefer, you can send books to your Kindle for reading.
• Sign in to multiple libraries, with one or more library cards
• Stay signed in for as long as you like
• Download books and audiobooks for offline reading, or stream them to save space
• Sample any book with a tap — nothing to download or delete
• Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with readalong audio
• All your holds and loans are consolidated on a single shelf
• Tag titles as read, loved, hated, wishlist, schoolbook, beach-reading, whatever you like
• Your loans, holds, reading positions, bookmarks and notes are synchronized automatically across all your devices
This release introduces some Very Nice Refinements:
* Support for Apple CarPlay — listen to audiobooks on your daily commute.
* Universal links. You can link to any view in the app with a URL like https://libbyapp.com/shelf/loans.
* We have richer support for all kinds of screen sizes and notches and cutouts and curlicues.
* Better handling for your Accessibility settings, including font sizing and smart color inversion (aka dark mode).
* A completely rebuilt approach to recovering from audio playback errors.
* Many minor UI improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very approachable and easy to use. My first go-to for both reading and listening. Highly recommend!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.