Discover daily mindfulness and meditation with Sam Harris—neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author—and explore the theory behind the practice. Daily guided meditation sessions, on-demand mindfulness lessons as well as a practical timer will build your understanding and help turn meditation into a new habit. For inquiring and curious minds, learn the related science, philosophy, and ethics in short audio lessons with Sam and through his extended conversations with other influential teachers and scholars.
3 reasons to download Waking Up:
- Real meditation practice: Go beyond mere stress reduction to make profound discoveries inside the laboratory of your own mind.
- Rational theory: Ground your meditation experience in practical wisdom and a rational understanding of the world.
- Fair Pricing: As with all of Sam Harris’s digital content, if you would like to use this app but truly cannot afford it, please email us at email@example.com so that we can give you a free account. While we operate a business, we believe that money should never be the reason why someone can’t gain access to Waking Up.
2020 presented some challenges, and highlighted the importance of meditation in a healthy routine, as well as taking care of our mental health with mindfulness and effective stress-reducing strategies. In 2021, add elements of mental self-care to your everyday life by following one of Waking Up many courses, from our introductory course to meditation sessions, updated daily.
DOWNLOAD WAKING UP AND ENJOY ALL THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Guided meditation: Practice sessions for morning, day, or evening meditation, suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced meditators alike.
- Introductory Course: A progressive, introductory course that will teach you the basic principles of mindfulness meditation, along with more advanced practices.
- Daily meditations: After completing the Introductory Course, you will continue your practice with our growing catalog of daily meditations.
- Lessons: Listen to short talks on science, philosophy, and the nature of mind.
- Conversations: Long-form conversations with a wide range of teachers and scholars.
- Guided meditations and talks by other talented teachers
- Meditation timer and tracking to monitor progress.
- Support for Family Sharing. For a small additional fee, the primary account holder can add up to 5 family members.
- A guarantee of satisfaction. If you don’t find the app valuable, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a full refund.
Optimized to offer the best mobile experience:
- Integration with Apple Health app, adding Mindful Minutes in the Mindfulness category.
- Support for Dark Mode and for users with vision impairments, VoiceOver.
ABOUT SAM HARRIS
Sam Harris is the author of five New York Times best sellers, including Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion. His writing and public lectures cover a wide range of topics—neuroscience, meditation, moral philosophy, religion, rationality—but generally focus on how a growing understanding of ourselves and the world is changing our sense of how we should live. Sam has practiced meditation for over 30 years and has studied with many Tibetan, Indian, Burmese, and Western meditation teachers, both in the United States and abroad. He received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
- We’ve added support for Family Sharing. For a small additional fee, the primary Apple account holder can now add up to 5 family members who can all use Waking Up independently. Details in our FAQ.
- Introducing clip sharing. When you share certain content the recipient will get a brief clip ahead of listening to the entire track.
- For new users, we’ve opened up content previously labelled for later exploration. Use the “More Info” option to learn what’s inside and if the specific track is relevant for your stage of practice.
- Numerous other small improvements.
Fair Pricing: As always, Waking Up is risk-free. If you don't find it valuable, we will give you a full refund. No questions asked. If you would like to use the app but truly cannot afford it, please email email@example.com so that we can give you a free account. While we operate a business, we believe that money should never be the reason why someone can't gain access to Waking Up.
Ratings and Reviews
On the path
For someone like myself who has tried multiple times to get into the habit of meditation yet somehow always let it slip away from me, Sam Harris’s approach works magic. I meditate twice per day now and meditation has become a part of my daily rituals. I would have to write a whole essay on the multiple benefits this new and consistant habit has brought me, and those around me. Many thanks to you Sam for helping me stay on the path!
Has profoundly changed my practice
I’ve had a meditation practice for many years and tried various apps along that journey. This one has brought the greatest clarity to my practice of all. The build up of the course creates a progressively more insightful way of practicing that has allowed me to deepen my practice outside of the guided meditations. I use the app every other day or so as inspiration and input for my more serious silent practice.
The reviews are true, this app is life changing !
I find it very easy to say that this is the Best meditation app I know of.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Waking Up Course, LLC
- 99.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Waking Up LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription USD 16.11
- Premium Subscription USD 123.99
- Waking Up Yearly Subscription USD 123.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.