Castro is a beautiful, full-featured podcast player that makes it easy to track and manage lots of podcasts at the same time. Only listen to the episodes you want and easily skip the rest, queue up hours of podcasts at a time and enjoy a seamless listening experience with carplay compatibility, chapter support, trim silence and much, much more!
HOW IT WORKS
1. New episodes land in the NEW tab. Read their descriptions, add episodes you like to your QUEUE, and clear the rest.
2. Press play to listen to episodes from your QUEUE in order. Queued episodes are downloaded automatically.
3. Re-order your QUEUE to plan your next few hours of listening at any time. Browse your LIBRARY to review the back catalogue, quickly access starred shows, and see your listening history.
Subscribing to a podcast is no longer a commitment to listen to every episode. You don’t have to manage a huge list of subscriptions or choose a few shows and miss the rest.
WHY OUR USERS LOVE CASTRO
• Drag and drop podcasts to plan your listening with Castro’s unique queue
• An elegant dark mode and thoughtfully designed sleep timer offer the best in night time podcast listening.
• CarPlay support makes it easy to pick up where you left off while driving.
• Apple Watch app to control playback and select another episode from your queue.
• Episode notifications include a summary of the episode to help you decide if it interests you. Play, queue or clear the episode directly from the notification without opening the app.
Castro Plus is an optional paid subscription available for $18.99/year (includes a one-week trial). Plus unlocks a range of advanced features:
• Trim Silence — With this option on, the app will analyze audio as it plays to detect silent parts and accelerate those parts. Get through more episodes faster.
• Enhance Voices improves the listening experience for many podcasts and makes it easier to hear in loud environments. Under the hood, Enhance Voices applies a dynamic compressor to increase volume just where it’s needed.
• Sideloading: Import audio files directly, just by dropping them in iCloud Drive
• Mono-Mix — Mixes a stereo podcast to mono, which makes it easier to hear podcasts that pan some guests on left/right channels.
• Chapter Support: Artwork, Skipping & Pre-selection.
• Custom settings per-podcast: Episode Limit, Trim Silence, Enhance Voices, Mono Mix, Skip Intros, Playback Speed.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Castro 3 is an incredible app.”
— The Sweet Setup
“Castro 3 is everything Castro already was, but better.”
Castro 3 Is a Great Modern Podcast App”
— Beautiful Pixels
“Unlike other podcatchers, Castro's primary virtue is its simplicity and ease of use. The app combines sleek visual design with crystal clear audio.”
— Tom’s Guide
CASTRO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
Castro Plus costs $18.99 per year. Prices are in US dollars and may vary in countries other than the US.
Castro Plus is charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. It will renew on the day before the current subscription period ends. You can cancel auto-renewal any time from the Castro settings screen.
You can switch between the two subscription periods after you pick one, but your trial period will end immediately if you do, so it's best to wait till your free week is over before changing.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Apologies for an issue where some users stopped receiving notifications. This update resolves an issue we had server-side where push notification tokens were getting inadvertently cleared. On startup the app will send your push token to our serversagain if we don’t have it so that push notifications can be sent reliably again.
- The Push Notifications screen has an option to send a test notification to verify that we are able to send notifications from our server to your device
- The Push Notifications screen will display in the footer the timestamp of when you last received a new episode push notification (if you’ve received one since installing the update)
LOCK SCREEN/CONTROL CENTER
- This build fixes an issue where playback didn’t start as expected after tapping podcast artwork in the Now Playing suggestions on the Lock Screen and in Control Center
- We fixed a potential issue where the play/pause state on the Lock Screen/Notification Center could be out of sync with the app and require multiple taps to play/pause
- This should also improve the reliability of controlling playback from CarPlay
- Please contact us through the support screen and send logs if you continue to encounter playback issues
- The Support section in Settings includes an option to “Copy Anonymous Account Identifier” which can be helpful when contacting support with issues
- Added logging to diagnose a potential issue where episodes aren’t getting auto-queued as expected. Please contact us if new episodes aren’t showing up in your Queue as expected
Valutazioni e recensioni
La caratteristica di Castro e la facilità con cui si può organizzare e aggiornare la propria playlist. Al momento non ha rivali in questo.
Vorrei sapere l’abbonamento Plus quali funzioni introduce.
Molto molto bella e diversa
Mi piace molto a livello grafico ed estetico e sto veramente apprezzando la nuova idea che c'è dietro questa app che la rende diversa da tutte le altre.
Perfetta per chi è iscritto a tanti podcast ma non può permettersi di ascoltarli tutti.
Pratica, intuitiva, ottima.
Con l'integrazione per Apple Watch sarebbe perfetta.
Lo sviluppatore, Supertop Software, ha indicato che le procedure per la tutela della privacy dell’app potrebbero includere il trattamento dei dati descritto di seguito. Per ulteriori informazioni, consulta l’informativa sulla privacy dello sviluppatore.
Dati non collegati a te
I seguenti dati possono essere raccolti ma non vengono collegati alla tua identità:
- Contenuti dell’utente
- Dati sull’utilizzo
Le procedure per la tutela della privacy possono variare, per esempio, in base alle funzioni che usi o alla tua età. Ulteriori informazioni
- Supertop Software
- 64.5 MB
- Richiede iOS 13.0 o versioni successive.
- iPod touch
- Richiede iOS 13.0 o versioni successive.
- Richiede macOS 11.0 o versioni successive e un Mac con chip Apple M1.
- © 2020 Tiny Podcasts
- Acquisti in-app
- Castro Plus Annual 18,99 €
- Castro Plus Monthly 2,99 €
- Castro Plus Quarterly 5,99 €
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.
Usa la tua voce per ottenere il massimo da questa app.