An App (EUS) dedicated to endoscopic ultrasound education has been developed by Drs Shyam Varadarajulu, Paul Fockens and Robert Hawes. This App is a “must-have” for all endoscopists, pulmonologists and gastroenterology/pulmonology trainees interested in EUS. The EUS App is available for free download in the online apple store.
The App is compatible for use with both iPads and iPhones. The key features of the EUS App are
(1) Teaching videos (with audio) on how to perform Diagnostic EUS,
(2) Teaching videos (with audio) for Interventional EUS,
(3) Video Atlas (no audio) of common diseases (streamed from YouTube),
(4) Lecture slides: the iPhone and iPad can be connected to a projector and the slides be used for lectures,
(5) What is New in EUS: quarterly literature review on the latest developments in EUS,
(6) Cytopathology section: a dedicated video lecture teaching endosonographers how to process and interpret FNA specimens will be streamed from YouTube and lecture slides on EUS cytopathology,
(7) Educational Resources section: provides information on TNM cancer staging, role of antibiotics and anticoagulation in EUS-FNA/interventions and medication dosages for celiac plexus interventions and,
(8) Conferences: information on meetings dedicated to EUS.
This App is not a one-time development. It will be periodically updated and revised. Future developments will include sections dedicated to Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and Updated videos and literature review.
This update includes literature review from DDW 2016, new videos on PFC drainage and fine-needle biopsy in the interventions and diagnostic EUS section, addition of 20 new videos to the atlas section and new quiz on EUS and cytopathology for self-assessment.
Valutazioni e recensioni
A useful and handy tool
I like it, it is quite complete and always available at a hand! The diagnostic section is very well done; it is a complete manual to begin or refine your skills in EUS. The interventional section is innovative and quite unique. The download is long and you need almost 700 mb free in your device. It is designed as an open app and updates are welcome
- Endosonography LLC
- 885.4 MB
Richiede iOS 7.0 o versioni successive. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- Classificato 12+ per:
- Raro/Moderato contenuto medico/terapeutico
- Raro/Moderato contenuto adatto a un pubblico adulto
- © 2012 Endosonography, LLC
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.