Developed by physiotherapists, EXi, formally known as iPrescribe Exercise, uses an automated algorithm to analyse your health and current fitness level, and prescribes a personalised and graduated physical activity plan to help everyone get active regardless of age, fitness level or disease status. It can also specifically target 20 different chronic diseases (or multiple co-morbidities, see below) with a tailored exercise program, and will track personalised health metrics so that the user can see the effect that their physical activity programme is having on their health.
You can choose how to complete your exercise program, with GPS tracked walking, running and cycling, home aerobics videos, gym programs and many others. If your health allows, you can exercise at low to moderate intensity or at high intensity. You can complete your exercise in one session, or multiple sessions throughout the day – whatever works best for you!
• A personalised and graduated exercise programme
• Exercise how you choose with many exercise options available
• Keep active throughout the day
• Track relevant health and fitness metrics
• Graphs to show how you are improving
• A detailed progress report which can be shared
• Ability to take heart rate through the phone’s camera
• Library of chronic condition information
• Reward badges for completing exercise targets
• Join our forum on HealthUnlocked to share and gain motivation and exercise ideas
• Share health and exercise information in real time with health and fitness professionals through our clinician portal
• Link to the Apple Watch to provide an enhanced user experience, automatic data capture and real time intensity feedback to ensure you are working at the right level
• Integrates with the Health App to send and receive health and fitness information such as step count, exercise sessions and heart rate data
MEDICAL CONDITIONS TARGETED
• Heart disease
• Diabetes (type 1 and 2)
• Hypertension (increased blood pressure)
• Depression, stress or anxiety
• Peripheral artery disease
• Metabolic syndrome
• Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Multiple Sclerosis
Download the app for free. We will then give a brief medical screen to ensure that exercise is safe (it will be for most people).
We will then ask for some health and fitness information from you, including if you have any of 20 chronic health conditions. The purpose of this is to build the most appropriate exercise program for your needs
To start an exercise, click “Record Activity” and you can choose to track an activity as you do it or log an exercise you have already completed. After completing the exercise, you will be asked to rate how hard it was and take your heart rate to give you guidance if you were exercising at the correct intensity.
Each week you can record health metrics that are relevant to you (e.g. resting heart rate, blood pressure, BMI) and every 6 weeks you can complete a 6-minute walk test to show your improvement!
EXi has been developed by medical professionals and follows the latest scientific guidelines for safety and effectiveness to ensure that you and your health professional can be confident that the exercise program that is prescribed is the most appropriate for your needs.
EXi is published across the UK on the NHS Apps library, it is based on the latest medical guidelines from the American College of Sports Medicine, it won GSK’s global self-care challenge competition in 2019 and it has been funded by and received support from Sport England. We believe this is the first programme of its kind in the world, using the World's number 1 watch, and has the potential to make a huge impact on both health and healthcare delivery.
This version includes a number of improvements, design and bug fixes for both the iPhone and Apple Watch apps including:
* Improvements to My Health view charts and Health reporting
* Heart rate is now optional when entering activity exertion information (RPE)
* it is now possible to Rate and Review the App from the feedback page in Profile. If you love EXi, please consider giving us a 5 star rating.
- IPRESCRIBE EXERCISE DIGITAL LTD
- 146.3 MB
Richiede iOS 12.1 e watchOS 5.1 o versione successiva. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- Frequente/Intenso contenuto medico/terapeutico
- Questa app potrebbe usare la tua posizione anche quando non è aperta, facendo diminuire l’autonomia della batteria.
- © iPrescribe Exercise Digital Ltd, 2020
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.