NO SUBSCRIPTIONS; we offer additional dictionaries, graded readers, and other features as one-time purchases, but there are absolutely no subscriptions in our app.
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion: an integrated dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live OCR, from a company that's been making the world's best mobile Chinese learning apps since 2001.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Amazing dictionaries. We offer two free built-in dictionaries: the popular open-source CC-CEDICT, with over 110,000 frequently-updated entries, and our own PLC dictionary, with 125,000 entries, parts of speech, and over 25,000 example sentences (with Pinyin). More than two dozen other dictionaries are available as free and paid ($) add-ons, including licensed titles from well-known publishers like Oxford, Longman, FLTRP, Tuttle, SLPH, and Commercial Press.
• Powerful merged search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces / tones optional), or English, with support for wildcards and full-text search. And no need to tediously flip between all of those dictionaries to find a word - just type in your search term and instantly get a combined, frequency-sorted result list.
• Links and cross-references: easily look up character components, break down words into individual characters, look up lists of words containing a particular character, and search across all dictionaries for example sentences containing a word.
• Gorgeous typography: see it for yourself in our screenshots - we think we're one of the best-looking Chinese dictionaries around. Alternate Kai/Song/Xing-style Chinese fonts are also available ($).
• PRC/HK/Taiwan-friendly: every part of Pleco supports both traditional and simplified, headword readings can be shown in Pinyin and Zhuyin, and some dictionaries even support Cantonese. (note: stroke order diagrams do support traditional characters, but use PRC order)
• Audio: Hear Mandarin and Cantonese for words and example sentences using iOS' free built-in text-to-speech system. We also offer add-ons ($) with native-speaker Mandarin recordings and higher-quality Mandarin TTS.
• Document Reader: bring in text from the clipboard and tap on words in it to instantly look them up. Upgrade ($) adds support for tap-lookups in text, HTML, DOC, DOCX, PDF, and EPUB files. We also offer graded readings ($).
• OCR: look up words simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by tapping on them in a still image. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting: use your device's whole screen instead of just a little box. Extremely accurate and highly tolerant of stroke order mistakes. ($)
• Flashcards: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced memorization techniques like SRS, and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks handwriting and tone drills. ($)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each character; 500 characters for free, 28,000 in paid ($) version.
• User dictionaries: create new dictionary entries right on your device as you encounter new words. ($)
• Absolutely no ads.
We also offer famously excellent customer support and an active user community at http://www.plecoforums.com. And we're constantly working to make our products better; our sales and customer base have been growing for 19 years across 4 different platforms. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding features for years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to other devices that link to your iTunes account just like any other paid iTunes content; simply install our free app, open up the "Add-ons" screen, and tap on the "Restore Purchases" button to activate your purchase on each device.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, via the form at http://www.pleco.com/contact.html, or using the in-app "Contact Support" command with any questions - we'll be delighted to hear from you.
• Added automatic weekly flashcard backups to iCloud Drive to protect against lost data from inadvertent app uninstalls.
• Bug fixes + data file updates.
Valutazioni e recensioniElenco completo
Best Chinese smart dictionary ever!
Considering a professional or high level studies usage, definitions accuracy is not always trustworthy, but it is actually very difficult to find an English-Chinese dictionary completely flawless, this means that we always need to critically examine the meaning of the words or their usage under the light of our direct experience and the advices of a valuable Chinese teacher.
Despite this, Pleco is out of any doubt the best Chinese dictionary "smart" reference. From any point of view: functionality, wealth of contents, updates frequency, customer service and so on, Pleco is the best smart companion for Chinese language studies and also for professional reference.
Indispensabile, irrinunciabile, utilissimo strumento per docenti e studenti di cinese. Premesso che la versione base è già fornita di un paio di ottimi dizionari (da usare con la testa, come tutti i dizionari), consiglio di acquistare almeno il 小包, che è piccolo solo di nome. Se poi volete il Gran Ricci, c’è pure quello, seppure in formato ridotto.
Quick easy and accurate!
I've been living in China for the past 7 months, and this app has made life so much easier! Before I was using Google translate, which is good for Latin translations but not at all for Chinese because of the different contexts. This app is specifically designed for Chinese and you can get a 100% accurate translation every time because of the options it gives you. All the pronunciations work offline to. Hen Hao!!
Acquisti in-appElenco completo
- Pleco Inc.
- 137.1 MB
Richiede iOS 9.3 o versioni successive. Compatibile con iPhone, iPad e iPod touch.
- Rara/Moderata dissacrazione e humour nero
- © 2020 Pleco Inc. and its licensors
- Acquisti in-app
- Full-screen Handwriting 10,99 €
- Optical Character Recognizer 10,99 €
- Basic Bundle 32,99 €
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.