One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Il gioco in se é perfetto, ma assolutamente da sistemare i controlli.
È Sonic 2 rifatto da Taxman e Stealth, non ho nessun problema con il gioco in se, ma metà delle volte, il bottone di salto semplicemente non funziona. Necessario da sistemare.
This game is perfect but / Questo gioco è perfetto ma
I'm not the only one who wants the 3 & knuckles so please even if the music it's the problem make something with that! Maybe you can make something like a complete game but with different music (even if in my opinion the music is the best part of the game with just the characters and the cutscenes infront of it! And not for so much).
Non sono il solo che vuole sonic 3 & knuckles quindi anche se la musica è il problema fate qualcosa a riguardo! Forse potreste fare qualcosa come un gioco completo ma con la misica diversa (anche se la mia opinione a riguardo sia che la musica è la migliore cosa del gioco superata solo, e di non molto, dai personaggi e dalle scene del gioco!).
Io avrei delle idee su un nuovo gioco che si intitolerebbe:
Sonic 2: The Lost Levels. E queste idee sono:
-Nuove zone con nomi alcuni presi dai prototipi Nick Arcade e Simon Wai + Beta 4,5,6,7,8 e alcuni dalle mie idee; cui questi nomi sono: Wood Zone, Olympus (strana copia di Hidden Palace Zone che si riferisce ad un tempio romano),Dust Hill Zone, Clock Work Zone o Clock Ork Zone, Crystal Lake Zone, Genocide City Zone, Underground Zone e Night Hill Zone. Infine vorrei che le cose non messe su Sonic 2 vengano messe nel gioco
Se accettate sono felice e lascieró 5 stelle. Also please out Sonic 3 for IOS cause is missing
- Sega America
- 181.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade 2,29 €
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.