Connect AirPods (or other Bluetooth headphones) to your Mac with a single click or keypress.
AirPods are great, but they don’t work quite as smoothly with Macs as they do iPhones. You can’t tell at a glance whether audio will play from the AirPods or your Mac’s built-in speaker, you have to dig into a Bluetooth submenu to connect, and then you have to go back to the menu to see when the AirPods are ready for use. ToothFairy streamlines this: just click an icon in the menu bar (or press a hotkey) to switch to the AirPods, and the icon always shows whether they’re connected.
- Works with AirPods, as well as any Bluetooth device that you can connect to your Mac: headphones, speakers, headsets, game pad controllers, keyboards, mice, etc. (HomePod is not supported, as it is not a Bluetooth audio device.)
- Click the hollow AirPods icon in the menu bar to switch to AirPods. It fills in to show they are connected and can also display a battery indicator. Now you know that it’s safe to start playing music; it won’t blast from your Mac’s internal speaker.
- Supports multiple Bluetooth audio devices; you can choose a different icon and hotkey for each.
- Get the best audio quality. macOS will normally use the SCO codec if it thinks you’re going to use the microphone. ToothFairy can ensure that it uses the higher quality AAC codec when you only care about audio output: listening to music or video or playing a game.
- Disconnect a Bluetooth device by clicking the icon (or pressing the hotkey) again, so that you can switch back to your phone. AirPods and Beats devices with an Apple W1 chip do not need to be manually disconnected, and you can set them to avoid accidental disconnections when pressing the hotkey multiple times.
- ToothFairy automatically launches at login, so it’s always there when you need it.
- Optionally hide the Dock icon so it only appears in the menu bar. With the Dock icon hidden, you can right-click (or Control-click) the menu bar icon to access the settings.
- Run a shell script when the AirPods are connected or disconnected, for example to notify you or to launch or quit another app.
- Use with your Magic Mouse or Magic Keyboard to make sure the battery level doesn’t get too low, or to quickly reconnect them after charging or if they get disconnected.
Note: ToothFairy works with devices that can be connected via the macOS Bluetooth menu. Please make sure the devices you want to connect have been paired to the system correctly before using them with ToothFairy.
“The ultimate ‘saved you a click’ app” —Dieter Bohn, The Verge
“Ideal for AirPods” —Matt Bolton, Mac|Life
“A must for Mac or MacBook owners” —Mike Peterson, AppleToolBox
- Improved the details in the AirPods Pro icon.
- Added another variant of the AirPods icon that's slightly smaller, because some people prefer that size and also to help differentiate for those who have multiple pairs of AirPods.
- The game controller icon no longer shows a wire.
- You can now hold down the Option key when opening the icon pop-up menu to see the filled versions of the icons.
- ToothFairy is faster at detecting when a device's connection has been dropped without macOS noticing.
- The "How can I switch back to an iPhone or other Mac?" section of the manual now tells how you can make a Siri shortcut to quickly switch an iOS device to a given audio device.
- Updated the "Adding a Device" and "Why isn't my device connecting?" sections of the manual.
- When the Preferences window is already open, choosing the Preferences... menu command for a device will now select that device.
- Closing the Advanced sheet now preserves the selected device.
If you enjoy using ToothFairy, please take a moment to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Valutazioni e recensioniElenco completo
Indispensabile per chi ha le Airpods
Indispensabile per chi ha le Airpods, in quanto con una semplice combinazione di tasti associ e disassoci le cuffie per passare dal telefono al computer.
AirPods su Mac come sarebebro dovute essere
Finalmente sono perfette anche su Mac. In 3 secondi (letterali) connetti, disconnetti e riconnetti su Mac/iPhone.
As simple and effective as it should be.
It does exactly what it says. It just works. It will in fact spare you that “extra” nagging click to reconnect to your AirPods when switching from an iPhone time and again.
Untill Apple does figure out an automatic mode to pair your AirPods accordingly to the current device in use, this is easily the best alternative.
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 5.2 MB
OS X 10.11 o versioni più recenti, 64-bit processor
Italiano, Cinese Semplificato, Giapponese, Inglese, Tedesco
- © 2019 C-Command Software
- 5,49 €
Se “In famiglia” è stato attivato, fino a sei membri della famiglia potranno usare l’app.