Create a custom folder icon
Image2icon makes each one unique.
Image2icon - Make your icons
Folders, Documents and more
Want your favourite folders to stand out in an otherwise identical grid or row? Image2icon lets you make a folder look unique, with words or pictures detailing what’s inside.
Here are the simple steps.
Text or image?
‣ To add an image to a folder, drag a picture to the app’s circular work area.
For text – or even an emoji – click the Aa button. Image2icon lets you customise the typeface, alignment, colour and size.
Try a template
‣ Every icon starts square, but Image2icon’s templates let you push the boundaries. Opt for an iOS-style icon, go retro with a CD-ROM case or cover the entire folder with a photo using Folder (Full). There are over 20 icons to choose from.
Give it some polish
‣ Click the settings button to zoom, rotate or fine-tune the position of your design horizontally or vertically. If you don’t want a transparent background, click the Background colour swatch and select a colour.
Commit the change
‣ Now just drag a folder (or document) into the Image2icon window to apply your new design to its icon.
‣ And don’t worry if you have second thoughts. Click the back-arrow button to reset Image2icon, click the Restore tab, then drag your folder or document into the window to revert to a generic icon.