1Writer combines all the basic text editing features you would expect with all the advanced features you will ever need. Use 1Writer to write, research, revise, and share your ideas with maximum efficiency.
- - - - - - - - - -
"The only Dropbox- and Markdown-enabled text editor for iPhone that’s clicked with me has been 1Writer. It’s simple, looks great, and gets the job done." - TheSweetSetup.com
"Really great app, really recommend it." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"The app interface is beautiful and distraction-free, with loads of other awesome features lurking beneath its simple exterior. It's now my go-to iPhone text editor." - Chris Gonzales, ToolsandToys.net
"For users that want a great visual experience paired with great support for custom actions and third party apps, 1Writer is an excellent choice." - iMore.com
"1Writer is the most powerful text editor available for iPhone." - Phillip Gruneich
- - - - - - - - - -
- Write :: generate and edit plain text or Markdown files.
- Preview :: see the formatted results with Markdown syntax highlighting while you write and a full, rich-text preview when you're done.
- Extended keyboard :: a convenient row of buttons for navigation, formatting, special characters (customizable--pick the characters you use the most).
- Insert photo :: pick a photo or take a new one, and 1Writer will upload it to Dropbox and generate the Markdown-syntax to add it to your document--all in a single action!
- Snippets :: TextExpander Touch support.
- Custom URL actions :: insert a document template, encode a selection and replace the original text, look up synonyms and much more.
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV.
- Share extension :: send text to 1Writer from other apps. In Safari, the extension uses the current URL, page title and selected text to create a new document.
- Create, append, prepend, or replace text directly from other apps using the 1Writer URL scheme.
- CloudApp and Dropbox :: generate a link to share your document in plain text or PDF.
- Evernote :: pick your notebook, add tags and turn a text selection or the entire document into a new, rich-text note.
- Copy HTML :: put the formatted text for your document directly on the clipboard.
- Custom actions :: open a web search, tweet a selection, save a series of items in a list and much more.
- Support Dark Mode on iOS 13.
- 2 dark themes for more comfortable reading and writing at night.
- Choose from 20 different fonts.
- Bookmark and sync the Dropbox/WebDAV folders you want to have quick access to the sub-folders and documents you need.
- Use a passcode or Touch ID/Face ID to protect the app from unauthorized users.
- In-app web browser :: research, look up information without having to leave the app.
- Bookmarks :: create and access your favorite websites.
- Save the current text selection to the clipboard in Markdown syntax.
- 1Password support :: login to all your accounts using the 1Password extension.
EVEN MORE GREAT FEATURES
- Drag and drop.
- Open in Place.
- Multiple windows on iOS 13.
- Search documents from Spotlight.
- Find & replace within document.
- Photo and PDF preview.
- Today widget :: access your recent documents from the Notification Center or create a new document in one tap.
- Checklist support :: create a list of things to do or topics to research, and easily check them off.
- Full-text search and hashtag support :: search within a folder to find the document you need, and view related documents that have the same tag.
- Fixed black link issue on iOS 12.
- Better handling of text indentation with Tab key.
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but i want ‘outline’ panel
I’m using this for typing texts(.txt) on iPad, syncing with Dropbox files. Great markdown function, great syncing, great UI etc.
I hope this app can display an ‘outline’ panel based on headings of markdown, like other editors; and when clicking on a heading, the display goes on to show the section concerned.
Please improve the multiline Code Block feature using three backquotes
I want you to improve the following feature.
I use usually the feature ’Code Block’ using three backquotes(```).
But it seems like that your app supports the wrap line in Code Block.
As of now, your app can support single-line block, but can not support multi-line block.
Please improve the multiline Code Block feature using three backquotes.
I want file lists to be displayed in the left part of the screen while typing texts because my ideas and so on are stored in separate files to avoid a mess.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ngoc Luu
- 30.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Ngoc Luu
- In-App Purchases
- Small Tip ¥120
- Generous Tip ¥610
- Nice Tip ¥370
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.