"I am not sure that I've ever seen a more compelling 'show-don't-tell' educational tool than 4D Toys." –Ars Technica
What if you received a box filled with mysterious toys from a fourth spatial dimension?
• Playfully explore and marvel at beautiful shapes powered by a groundbreaking 4D+time physics system.
• Poke, throw, roll and watch as they disappear into a dimension you can't see.
• Get an intuitive feel for how four-dimensional objects behave:
• Become a child of the fourth dimension.
In this case the 4D is not time but a 4th dimension of space that works just like the first three dimensions we are familiar with. If you count time these toys are 5D. It turns out that the rules of how objects bounce, slide and roll around can be generalized to higher dimensions, and this unique toy lets you experience what that would look like.
• Over 130 beautiful interactive scenes to play with, with more to be added in updates.
• Groundbreaking 4D+Time Physics Engine that uses new mathematics created for this project.
• Multi-touch & Accelerometer support for rich interactivity.
• 2D/3D "Flatland" Interactive 10 Page Book/Explanation that teaches by analogy about a fourth spatial dimension.
Some things to do:
• Manage to fit the hypercube into the hyperhole!
• Use the 4D shapes as fancy, perfectly symmetric, fair dice that have 5, 8, 16, 24, or even 120 and 600 sides!
• Unbind Rings using the fourth dimension!
• Make a stack of 4D hypercubes and smash it!
• Set up an interesting path for a few 4D dominoes!
• Make levers that throw hypercubes into the fourth dimension!
• Use multitouch to "squeeze" out objects into the fourth dimension!
• Play in a 4D ball pit!
• See Tesseracts (i.e. 4D hypercubes) slide down slopes!
Added three buttons:
* Export Mesh: Exports a 3D mesh of what is currently visible on screen.
These meshes can then be 3D printed, etc… (Unfortunately 4D printing is not yet available in this universe :P).
Find the meshes in your Documents folder. (You can access it by connecting your iDevice to your computer and using Finder).
Note that Shapeways’ algorithm for filling the inside of meshes sadly fails on some of the coolest meshes like the Star Polychora from the last update, since they are filled with lots of polygons on the inside.
* Anti-Gravity: Creates an anti-gravity field that makes objects float. Besides the obvious coolness, this allows to see rotations that are unrestricted from the constraints of the collision with the ground.
* 4D Accelerometer: Swaps the forward/backward direction of the accelerometer with the 4th dimension.
That is, tilting your device toward/away from you will result in a force along the 4th dimension instead.
A new page of shapes has been added, with one new level for each button. Visiting each of these levels unlocks the corresponding buttons. Also, all special buttons are now gathered into a new menu button. This lays the groundwork for easily adding new features in future updates!
面白いアイディアだが、iPhone 7 Plusで利用不可
発想は面白いが、インターフェイスiPhone 7 Plusをサポートしていないようです。
Hi, this issue was fixed on Jun 4th! Thanks!