Your kids love knights, dragons, princesses, unicorns - and YOU would love it if your little hero or heroine could learn and practice critical skills while exploring worlds of enchantment.
Adventure Playground provides your child with 7 different games to play that become progressively more difficult the longer they continue.
The games focus on matching and pattern recognition - skills that are vital for all of us to develop. An ability to recognize patterns is not only crucial for music and mathematics, it’s essential for learning routines as well as understanding the people and world around us.
In addition to teaching and practicing pattern recognition, the other benefits of playing these games are:
• developing matching, sorting and memory skills
• working on both fine and gross motor
• practicing visual scanning and discernment
• learning colours and shapes
• and most importantly, having fun!
The 7 different worlds in Adventure Playground are:
• Suspension Bridge: Use the mouse to help your chosen hero cross the wooden bridge to safety.
• Mayan Temple: Rotate the stone disc to crack the ancient code.
• Shapes Box: Drag and drop tiles onto the correct spot in the box.
• Wanted!: Can you find the character that matches the one shown?
• Trumps Cave: If your child can stop giggling long enough, they copy the order in which dragons pass gas.
• Gemstones: After spending all day mining precious gems, the dwarves could use some help sorting them.
• Snowball Fight: A little action game. Make sure you hit the knights and not the animals.
I developed this app, together with my children, and incorporating feedback from parents and educators. And here’s what the experts have to say:
“This is so cool, Daddy!” - my son, 4 years old
“Woooaaahh, beautiful!” - my daughter, 6 years old
• PERFECT 5/5 stars review in all categories by appmall.com
• "Special Mention" Winner at the BIG INDIE PITCH
As a parent myself I firmly believe you should not have to worry about children playing apps independently. If you choose, you can set a timer which will limit how long your kids play, and because I take privacy and online safety very seriously.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps
I also value your feedback so please email your comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org