Welcome to Amphetamine⁴, the most awesome keep-awake utility ever created for macOS. Amphetamine can keep your Mac, and optionally its display, awake through a super simple on/off switch, or automatically through easy-to-configure Triggers. Amphetamine is extremely powerful and includes advanced features for those who need them, yet remains super intuitive and simple to use for those who don't need all the bells and whistles.
=== Click to Keep Your Mac Awake ===
Quickly start a keep-awake session from Amphetamine's menu to keep your Mac awake.
• Indefinitely, for a specified amount of time, or until a specified time
• While a file is downloading
• While a specific app is running
=== Advanced Automation ===
Create a Trigger to automatically keep your Mac awake.
• While an external display is connected
• While your Mac's display is being mirrored
• While a USB or Bluetooth device is connected
• While a specific app is running
• While a specific app is running and is frontmost
• While your Mac's battery is charging and/or when the battery is above a threshold
• While your Mac's AC power adapter is connected
• While your Mac has a specific IP address
• While your Mac is on a specific WiFi network
• While your Mac is connected to a VPN service
• While your Mac is using a specific DNS servers
• While headphones or another audio output is in use
• While a specific drive or volume is mounted
• While your Mac's CPU is being utilized to a specific threshold
• When your Mac has been idle for a specific threshold
=== What's the Catch? ===
No catch. Amphetamine is 100% free. It's a gift from me, to you. Enjoy!
• No advertisements
• No in-app purchases
• Nothing to unlock/no "pro" version
• No annoying prompts asking you to review Amphetamine
• No links for other paid apps
• No tracking
• No data-harvesting
=== What Else Does Amphetamine Do? ===
Amphetamine is the most powerful and customizable keep-awake utility ever created for macOS. Some other notable features are:
• Keep your drive awake with Drive Alive
• AppleScript support
• Use your own menu bar icons
• Allow your display to sleep while keeping your Mac awake
• Allow screen saver to run after a customizable period of inactivity
• Optional session time remaining display in the menu (with 12/24 hour support)
• Auto-end session if your Mac's battery is low
• Hot key support for starting/ending sessions
=== System Requirements + Other Details ===
• Amphetamine requires macOS 10.11 El Capitan or higher
• Amphetamine supports Retina displays and macOS dark mode.
• To keep your Mac awake in closed-display mode, see https://support.apple.com/HT201834
=== IMPROVEMENTS ===
• Added hot keys for toggling display sleep and screen saver
• Added ability to define custom timeout for "While File is Downloading" sessions
• Renamed "External Displays" Trigger criterion to "Displays"
• Added Ignore Built-In Display option to Displays Trigger criterion
• Updated web links in app to point to new support/feedback website
• Quick Preferences now auto-enables/disables some menu items depending on whether a Trigger session is running
• Now uses Sound Effects output device (System Preferences > Sound > Sound Effects) for notification sounds
• While File Is Downloading sessions now show % of file downloaded, if available (downloads via Safari should support this)
• Rebuilt App Icon
=== BUG FIXES ===
• Fixed an issue that could cause the CPU Trigger criterion to not work when two or more Triggers used this criterion
• Fixed an issue that could cause an empty window to briefly appear when Amphetamine launches
• Fixed an issue that added an extra 40 seconds on to some 4 hour sessions
• Fixed an issue that could cause Drive Alive details to not show in menu
Thank you for making an awesome app.
No problem! Thanks for writing an awesome review!