Byword makes writing easier on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
- Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
- Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
It's very good, but problem in Chinese, Japanese, and...
I have used various Markdown editors for iPhone (Ulysses, iA Writer, Editorial, 1Writer, iWriter Pro, Inkdrop etc.), so Byword's feeling is the best for me!
But, it has a fatal problem...
Byword works well in most languages. conversely, Markdown breaks in Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc.
Those languages do not have a space between words (no “word divider” languages).
I have a **big** apple.
-> I have a big apple.
I hope fix it... thanks for very apps!
What about optimisations to citations [^1]?
need better/optional CSS
Please add text search function：文字の検索機能を付けて欲しい
特にdark mode はお気に入りです♪