You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find a few bug fixes and usability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I just stared to use Couchsurfing using this app. So Actually I don't know how good is this. But I'm sure this app will help many travelers so much, especially the people who loves to meet local people. I appreciate effort of this app team.
Examine people by their blog not by the review.
As a host in japan, I would like to tell to the CouchSurfer that there are a modest and politeness to visit someone’s house, but people I met here are normally someone who wants to experience local without any costs. - Did they go to school before?
Here are some experience：
・Not on time
・No internet connections
・None knowledges of Japanese rent house in Tokyo and review my appartement TINY
・Cancelled the appointment 8 minutes ago
・Tried to get (steal?) my books (for fleamarket) free by asking "Can I rent some books?"
・Sent packages from 500km away to storage them at my house - I'm not a houseperson!
・Aggressive messages to stay again though they don't even help to clean up my house but just stare some hair on the floor.
I have expected someone talkative and can thank to have a free roof here in Tokyo.
From my experiences, I DO NOT RECOMMEND this application at all.
Also, now this application is asking to pay, I could do if I had been paid $10/night/PAX as admission fee!! Hosts have lots of stress to care the Couchsurfers.
Couchsurfing team - a “Thank-you” is not enough
I would like to thank you guys so much for your heard work over the years, CouchSurfing team.
Thank you so much for such a beyond amazing apps with many significant surprises. This is the first time I tried using such a system like this and kind of 98.99% satisfied with everything.
I guess one of the reasons for my extremely interest for the app comes from the fact that my first every country to use is Japan. I have been here for one year, but just in Tokyo. Travelling to Osaka with a tight budget, CouchSurfing was my best bet.
The most wonderful thing after all, wasn’t my trip to those tourist attractions, but rather how well I was treated while being with my host family in Kansai (Osaka-Kyoto-Nara), Japan. Some of them even made me tear up as they were so so so so so much like my real family. They treated me well from the bottom of their hearts. They tried to interact with me as much as they could despite their original “shy” distinct and culture.
Thank you so much once again for creating and maintaining such a developing healthy system! Very very very highly highly highly recommend, especially Japan!!
P/S: As I have not had any experience using CS outside Japan, my feedback might be a little bit personal, rather than objective.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 138.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2020 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Contribution ¥150
- Monthly Contribution ¥240
- Annual Contribution ¥1,250
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.