A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
• Fixes sound effects
• Improved sorting by title when the title starts with a number
• Minor performance improvement
• Improves error message when episode fails to download due to an authentication failure
• Fixes issue with 'Show Password' button on the podcast settings view
I had to give up using downcast
Sadly, I had to give up using Downcast. I’ve purchased it 6 years ago and was quite satisfied until I started using my Apple AirPods. Using the AirPods (and another Bluetooth device as well), it often crashes. Six months ago, I sent the crash log to the developer and received an auto reply. I have the latest version installed (22.214.171.12447). Unfortunately, the problem is not fixed.
Top Tier App
This app has everything you need. Variable playback speeds, continuous play, support for chapters and I like that you can control the amount of time to skip ahead and set a different time to rewind.
Design wise, this app is more aesthetically pleasing then many others and never feel lost or frustrated when using the app.
Keep up the great work!!!