Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
• Text to Speech: added Amazon Polly voices to replace existing iSpeech sounds
(iSpeech service will likely be going away soon. Any TTS sound files you've already downloaded will remain.)
I have using this for few versions now, still a great app.
This is a very flexible app. I have three different decks now. I can study one in intense short mode till I know those then switch that deck to spaced interval, while keeping others in spaced interval. While I am studying decks in spaced interval I can add new words/kanji/grammar and get short intense period with the new card then it joins my existing cards on spaced interval.
This is great app ,but…
Hi, I’m a college student attending a dentistry department in Japan. I tried Quizlet and Anki for studying, and I think flash cards deluxe is a great application. But there are few problems. There is no Japanese version, and multiple answers can’t be chosen even when there are several correct answers. Multiple choice can make a single answer selectable question, but it can’t make a multiple answer question. Also, can it be able to choose the number of correct and incorrect answers ? For example, when there are 8 selectable choices when the question is “Choose all the correct answers”, it’s able to choose 2 correct, and 6 incorrect answers. Also, when graphic question is made, the question sentence and the graphic picture overlaps. Can’t it be solved ? The sentence can’t be seen. Also, please make it possible to use subscripts which are necessary for chemical formulas. Now I’m using copy and paste.
Not only for language, but could you make it possible to learn all sorts of studying using flash cards deluxe ? If so, then I’ll purchase even it’s 3000 yen.
Could you please improve these points in the next update ?
Japanese version can be later after that :-)
This app has some of bugs!!!
After I imported words from excel file, I found some bugs in the sentences. This is included characters which before I convert them. I need converted one only.
*As you know, Japanese and Chinese need to convert when we type sentences. *
It would be great if you could work on the correction shortly!!!!