FSWidgets EFB is an Electronic Flight Bag powered by Dropbox for use with FSX, FS2004, X-Plane and Aerofly FS 2.
This app is completely configurable and allows you to add or remove approach plates, charts, manuals, flight plans and weather image links in the Dropbox folder on your Mac or Windows PC. Set up the folders as described on the in-app Help tab and they will be instantly mirrored on your device. Think of it as B.Y.O. content!
You can store copies of your charts and manuals on the device to speed up loading times and save on bandwidth (the default setting). You can also clear the downloaded copies on the device and grab the new versions.
The WX Images page displays radar and other weather related images from the internet and stores a history of the last six images which can be recalled by tapping on the smaller previews. The EFB comes with a default WX Images link file, pre-configured with dozens of sample links. This file can be sent to your Dropbox and edited with our free WX Links Utility, then sent back to the device.
The moving map included in the FSWidgets EFB comes with flight plan display. It supports FSX, FS2004 or X-Plane native flight plan files and makes a perfect companion for our dedicated moving map app iGMapHD for iPad.
- Dropbox-powered EFB (Electronic Flight Bag).
- Add your charts, manuals and flight plans to Dropbox and they will be accessible on the iPad.
- Display approach plates or charts, supported formats:
+ Adobe PDF (.pdf)
+ PNG Image (.png)
+ JPEG Image (.jpg)
- Display Manuals in following supported formats:
+ Adobe PDF (.pdf)
+ Pages (.pages)
+ Numbers (.numbers)
+ Power Point (.ppt)
+ MS Word (.doc)
+ MS Excel (.xls)
+ Rich Text Format (.rtf)
+ Plain Text (.txt)
- Display online WX (Weather) Images (e.g. doppler radar, cloud cover, satellite).
- Free WX Links utility (Windows and Mac) provided to add, remove or edit links. #
- Moving Map: Connects to FSX, FS2004, X-Plane and Aerofly FS 2.
- Moving Map: Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based Aero Charts (Cuba/PR WAC Demo included)
- Moving Map: Supports FSWidgets Cloud Based Nav Data (KSFO Demo Data included)
- Moving Map: Includes Direct-To function for nearest airports
- Moving Map: Flight Plan Display - supports FSX, FS2004 and X-Plane flight plan files.
- Moving Map: Waypoints can be tapped to reveal the related data (e.g. lat, lon, ident).
- FSWidgets Network Pack provided free. #
- Map powered by Leaflet API (using OpenStreetMap & custom data)
- Connect & disconnect from the flight simulator as required.
# Download Network Pack and WX Link Utility from http://fswidgets.com/shop/efb_ipad.php
- iPad with iOS 11.0 or later.
- Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004, X-Plane or Aerofly FS 2.
- Free (or Paid) Dropbox account (visit www.dropbox.com).
- Dropbox must be installed on the Mac or Windows system.
- Free FSWidgets Network Pack must be installed to connect to simulator.
- Wi-Fi network required, iPad must be on same local network as simulator.
- Internet access required, to automatically download map data on the fly.
WHO WE ARE:
FSWidgets is a software development team based in Australia, specializing in add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator (Windows), Laminar Research X-Plane and Aerofly FS 2. Both of its founding members have extensive experience in creating award-winning add-ons for Flight Simulator and have been active in the flight simulation community for well over a decade.
Personalized and friendly support can be found via our forum (http://fswidgets.com/forum) or our support email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Future updates and additional features added to FSWidgets EFB will be free for existing customers.
- Major update for iOS 13
- New faster, smoother map rendering engine
- Fixes map zoom and pan on iOS 13
- Adds support for new iOS 13 Dark Mode
- View files in Pages format (.pages) on Manuals page
- View files in Numbers format (.numbers) on Manuals page