Horizon is the new ambient polyphonic synth for Groovebox. With lush pads, dreamy melodies and analogue organs, Horizon is the soundtrack to your dreams.
If you love making electronic music, you’ll love Groovebox. Enter an inspiring world of music production on your iPhone & iPad.
Groovebox is a free, beautifully designed music studio app packed with inspiring synths and drum machines. In minutes you’ll be making beats, melodies, and playing with world-class instruments. Expand your own collection with more sounds and instruments available in the store. From the creators of Launchpad, Groovebox helps you produce music on iPhone & iPad.
• A BEATS & SYNTH MUSIC STUDIO
Play with touchable instruments to quickly create your own beats and melodies, or draw in notes. Need inspiration? Groovebox has hundreds of patterns and sounds to get you started. Four powerful synthesisers, designed in partnership with Novation, deliver deep retro basslines and analogue harmonic melodies. The modern drum machine, with expanding drumkit library, will turn Groovebox into your go-to beat production studio.
• SYNTHS DESIGNED WITH NOVATION
Designed in partnership with Novation, legendary synth pioneers, Groovebox packs a world-class sound. Each instrument uses a new powerful synth engine capable of recreating classic warm analogue sounds and rich modern harmonics.
• EASY TO START, DEEP ENOUGH TO MASTER
Groovebox is designed to kick-start ideas, but it has serious features for artists and producers too. The advanced synth parameters* let you sculpt your own sounds. Automate the parameters over time to create a vibrant dynamics. Control your sound with the multi-channel mixer (iPad only), note sequencer, key and scale modes. Build your arrangements into songs with sections. Export your sounds easily to a laptop for further production. Sync to other apps or a laptop with Ableton Link. Connect using Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and even Export to Ableton Live seamlessly.
• Discover and build ideas - Quickly explore sounds with hundreds of melody and rhythm patterns
• Play touchable instruments - Create your own melodies and beats
• Five powerful instruments - Drumbox, Horizon, MiniMon, RetroBass and Poly-8
• Build beats - Play drum pads or keys, sequence notes or use patterns
• Arrange your tracks - Simple song-building using sections
• Create dynamic changes - Record synth parameters as automation
• Sound innovation - Instruments developed in partnership with synth pioneers Novation
• Expand your sounds - Regular, fresh-content drumpacks, presets and patterns*
• Production-ready sounds - Crafted by world-class sound designers and artists
• Extendable Instruments - Expose more tweakable synth controls
• Sequence your music - Draw notes and build patterns instead of playing them
• Stay in time and key - Choose from any tempo, key or musical scale
• Share your music - Easily create a mix of your music to share with others
*Requires In-App Purchase
• Jam with others - Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link and Ableton Export
• Swing - Instantly add swing to your session.
• Ableton Export - Easily send your project to Ableton Live
• Full scale support - All keys and major, minor and modes supported
• Project management - Rename, duplicate and delete
• iPad Pro support - Optimised to use the entire iPad Pro screen
• Send your ideas to a laptop - Batch export your pads as a .zip file, or use Ableton Export
• Bluetooth speaker supported
This version contains bug fixes & technical improvements.
If you enjoy using Groovebox, we'd really appreciate a review on the App Store. If you find bugs or have any comments, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
iPadで使えばより使いやすくなるので、私はLaunchkey mini mk3と併せてステージで使っています。
Generally, I'm satisfied
It was easy for me to use as a beginner because the features aren't complicated.
Some of the additional instruments are similar to existing instruments and I am reluctant to purchase them.However, if I find an instrument I like from listening, I will buy it.
If I had a request, I'd like to have the ability to connect bars that I've made and make them into one song.
It's a translation, so it may be strange English.
Sequencer’s grid interface needs some serious work
Edit: after getting a reply from the developer, I updated the rating to 5/5
This is probably my most favorite music app on iOS in terms of sound and design, but working with sequencer is _very_ frustrating. I am writing this review in hopes that these features would be fixed in future releases.
Right now I think the sequencer really needs:
* Chromatic mode. You can choose a chromatic keyboard, but you cannot choose a chromatic scale representation in the sequencer grid interface. So basically if you select a wrong key, any note outside this key that you recorded will be shown as a thin line on the grid, which you cannot move or edit. I feel like this is unnecessarily frustrating, and could be easily fixed by adding a chromatic mode to the list of keys.
* A better way to stretch notes. Right now this is very frustrating, I am trying to stretch a note on the grid by putting my finger and swiping on the screen without lifting my finger (as it is supposed to work), but instead it either moves the whole note, or deletes the note. I would say the note stretching gesture works only 3/10 times, even with Apple Pencil, which is _super_ annoying. Is there a way to add a “move/stretch” toggle button so that it wouldn’t confuse the gestures?
* Group select, or at least a “select all” button. I cannot seem to find a “select all” button, thus having to delete every note manually. Again, if you have a lot of notes, this is very annoying.
* A button or a toggle to turn on/off note expression for MIDI keyboard when recording. For instance, currently if I use a MIDI keyboard to record a pattern, the sequencer remembers the velocity of each keypress. However, there is no way to turn that off if I don’t want this feature (or a select button so that I could group change velocity for all notes) - is there any way to add more basic ways for controlling/recording the MIDI input?
Overall, I am a big fan of this app, but I feel like the frustrating sequencer interface really limits its possibilities. I hope the developers could address some of these issues in the next updates.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback, it helps us improve the app for future releases.
A chromatic option can be found in the sequencer view by pressing on the grid icon in the top right.
Also you can select multiple notes by pressing and holding within the sequencer until a square animation pops up, and then dragging across the notes you want to change. You can then move, delete, and vary the length & velocity of multiple notes at once using this technique.
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you are having trouble with any of this! Thanks // Oscar
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- 46.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Dirty 909 ¥0
- Drum Booster ¥300
- Golden Era Bass ¥100
- Neuro Leads ¥100
- Ambient Hip Hop ¥0
- Sequential Arps ¥0
- Trap Bass ¥0
- Composed Melodics ¥100
- Hypnotic Bass ¥0
- Deep House Movements ¥100