Halide is an award-winning camera app listed in Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and picked by The Sweet Setup as "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone." Daring Fireball says, “This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
Halide is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful UI designed from scratch for iPhone 8 and iPhone X, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, histograms, adaptive level grid, manual depth capture, and RAW support on supported phones.* Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- On iPhone X and later, a custom-designed UI that is completely usable with one hand
- Manual Depth Capture. Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR.
- Focus peaking and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Live histograms for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Histograms require iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE)
RAW requires iPhone 6S or later. (6S, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, SE)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, or XR.
This update makes a ton of small improvements. Highlights include:
* Added Siri Voice Shortcut configuration directly in Halide. Go to "Advanced Settings," and tap "Setup Siri Shortcuts."
* Added a Siri Voice Shortcut to open the reviewer
* Added a Siri Voice Shortcut to launch in selfie mode
* Added a 3D Touch shortcut to open Halide in selfie mode
* Fixed a clipping issue in the Apple Watch app
* Fixed the location setting switch not taking effect right away
Finally, we've cut our download size by 50%. Eight megabytes may not seem like much, but that could fit all of Windows 3.1.
Thank you for supporting Halide! If you like what we're doing, got an issue fixed in this update, or just love the app, consider leaving a review! It helps a lot.
If you have any issues or feedback, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll see what we can do.
Ratings and Reviews
With Halide, shooting with XS MAX is great except one problem
I enjoy shooting with my iPhone XS MAX in RAW.
I took so many stunning photos with the app while I’m in Hawaii. Especially taking vertical in finder is much easier and manual focus enables me to replicate what I see. I just want one more feature. That is the shutter noise reduction or mute. This problem is only applicable to hardware sold in Japan, I guess. iPhone sold here come with mandatory shutter sound, which means it will make a sound even on manner mode. This felt very annoying since camera is great on XS MAX and this app enables me to use the device as on the go camera while on travel. For annoyed iPhone users out there, there’re lots of camera app which reduce shutter noise. But most of those app is terrible as camera app.
So I want this desires feature to the beat camera app on iOS so that halide will be best choice for mobile photographers . Sorry for the long review. I hope I could hear from developers of the app.
- Chroma Noir LLC
- 20.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Chroma Noir LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.