**Please note Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial for annual memberships. Don't like subscriptions? You can also buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase.**
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019. Its multitude of awards include iMore's "App of the Year 2020," Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and The Sweet Setup's "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone."
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe, or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, and manual depth capture. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
Halide’s ProRAW support* is unmatched. Strike the right balance between file size and editing latitude by choosing between 12-bit and 10-bit ProRAW, with or without JPEG sidecars. Effortlessly switch to native RAW, for greater detail and speed.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
- Feature limitations:
*ProRAW requires iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max.
The Ultra Wide and selfie cameras do not support RAW or manual focus.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 12)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12, or SE2
This small update fixes an issue where EXIF data would not be written to some photos, causing them to display incorrectly.
Ratings and Reviews
Your iPhone has an excellent camera and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it. Hey presto: Halide Camera! It’s designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR; and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
With Halide, shooting with XS MAX is great except one problem
I enjoy shooting with my iPhone XS MAX in RAW.
I took so many stunning photos with the app while I’m in Hawaii. Especially taking vertical in finder is much easier and manual focus enables me to replicate what I see. I just want one more feature. That is the shutter noise reduction or mute. This problem is only applicable to hardware sold in Japan, I guess. iPhone sold here come with mandatory shutter sound, which means it will make a sound even on manner mode. This felt very annoying since camera is great on XS MAX and this app enables me to use the device as on the go camera while on travel. For annoyed iPhone users out there, there’re lots of camera app which reduce shutter noise. But most of those app is terrible as camera app.
So I want this desires feature to the beat camera app on iOS so that halide will be best choice for mobile photographers . Sorry for the long review. I hope I could hear from developers of the app.
A little request
I was attracted by the App Store advertisement of Halide. Definitely something I need. All the real camera like features and even the instant film thingy etc...
So, once I finished installing it, can’t wait to juggle with it and just after the few pages of instruction...
“Pay, or pay. Thank you.”
I thought there were free features though?
Like not even the MF function & ISO setting?
Man iPhone users have been craving for good third party camera apps so please!
Make it clear if this is going to be a paid-to-use app.
Don’t disappoint people like this ...
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 18.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly ¥1,280
- Monthly ¥200
- One Time Purchase ¥4,900
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.