A beautiful and playful multi-voice synthesizer.
Seaquence lets you create, modify, and share musical compositions of swimming "planktone" creatures in a stereo-spatialized mixing dish. Each creature has a voice and a sequencer, and only the closest are heard as they swim around your view. With Seaquence's fully capable audio engine, you can create layered and dynamic compositions with a wide range of sounds ranging from ambient drones to intricately layered rhythms and transients. With its playful and colorful interface, even composers who are brand new to synthesis will be able to unlock their synesthetic creativity. You can save your sessions, post and share them, and explore the Seaquence Galaxy to listen what others have shared to get inspired.
Features included in download
• Polyphonic synth engine
• Dynamic spatial mixer and stereo-panning engine
• Up to 5 note polyphony per voice
• Up to 8 voices can be heard simultaneously (user settable)
• Up to 64 unique voices in a composition (only the closest voices are heard)
• A true multitouch experience, up to 11 simultaneous touch points supported
• Intuitive visual multitouch voice editor
• Unique swimming physics and swim behaviors — swim patterns are based on synth and sequencer parameters per-voice
• 16x16 multitouch step-sequencer matrix
• Radial chromatic scale editor with octave
• Amplitude envelope generator + length (ADSR+L) with curves and hold
• Precision, sample-based clock and sequencing engine
• Variable tempo, supporting 1 to 360 BPM with tap-tempo.
• Global session transpose
• 5 waveform shapes: Square, Saw, Tri, Sin, Noise
• Save your own session presets
• 30+ included session presets
• Social sharing features - post and share links to sessions
• Session links are maintained — trace back the history of a composition, see who remixed a session
• Audio and Video recording and export using Apple ReplayKit. Share performances!
Features of Seaquence Complete (unlocked with a single In-App Purchase)
• Per-voice state-variable filter with morphable hi-pass, band-pass, lo-pass, and notch modes
• Filter attack envelope generator with resonance (Q) and curve
• Step length subdivision: 1/1 to 1/64, including triplets
• Portamento/Glide with curve editor
• Additional monophonic voice modes: Sub-Oscillator tuned to a 5th and Detuned Unison
• Delay effect on the master channel with feedback and individual voice fx-send
• MIDI notes i/o per voice
• MIDI cc i/o per voice
• MIDI clock sync
• Assignable MIDI notes/cc/clock in/out per MIDI device
• User-adjustable MIDI Latency
• Optionally enable/disable Audio engine when using MIDI
You purchase directly supports our two-person studio and helps us continue to release updates with new features and bug fixes! THANK YOU for your support.
Additionally, 10% of all profits go towards supporting our community at Gray Area Org, a San Francisco non-profit arts organization. More info at http://grayarea.org.
• New audio engine rebuilt to work much more reliably with other audio apps.
• Much tighter MIDI I/O timing
• A bunch of user interface tweaks and improvements
A fun app
This is a fun music app with a fun interface and a wealth of features that will quickly make a commute or lunch break vanish.