- READ AUTOMATICALLY-SCROLLING RSS NEWS FEEDS -
Am I the only person in this whole universe who doesn't own a TV set? It's not that I can't afford to buy one. I just don't want to waste my time watching TV because they often switch subjects and cover the entertainment industry, which I'm not interested in. On the other hand, I read news a lot. I'm a self-admitted news junkie who wants to read news from multiple sources at the same time. That's why I've developed this application.
AllNews Desktop 3 (hereafter, AllNews) is the 3rd installment of an RSS news reader. Released at the same time is the iOS counterpart called AllNews 3. AllNews lets you read horizontally-scrolling lines of news from multiple sources around the world simultaneously. No, AllNews does the scrolling for you. You just sit relaxed and read news from multiple sources with your hands free.
In a sense, AllNews is a dream-come-true application for news junkies. With it, they don't have to go to this web site and that web site to read news. You can do it with just one.
- What’s new? -
1. The built-in library of RSS sources has been updated. It now has more than 1,500 RSS sources from around the world.
2. Create a watch list and let AllNews watch out for any news article title matching any of the keywords.
3. Share the current news article as an image through other applications.
4. Many bugs have been fixed.
- Features -
1. Let the application scroll news from multiple sources you select from right to left simultaneously. You just sit relaxed and read scrolling news.
2. Get access to nearly 1,500 RSS news sources from nearly six dozen news media organizations around the world. Create an RSS source record by selecting a source from the built-in library.
3. Create an RSS source record by specifying the URL of a news source.
4. Change the order by which lines of news appear and scroll.
5. Let the application label the title of a news article with the new tag if it has been the first time appearing since the last update.
6. Let the application automatically update news periodically. The user can choose one of the several time intervals (10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 50 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours).
7. Select one of 16 phases to change the speed by which the application runs news.
8. Stop and run scrolling news by pressing Command + R whenever necessary.
9. Click on a news title and get the web content. The view in the lower section serves as a simple web browser.
10.Share news you are currently reading as text strings with your friends through social media applications including Mail, Facebook, Twitter.
11.Share news you are currently reading as an image with your friends through social media applications including Mail, Facebook, Twitter.
12.Run a search to find articles containing titles that match your search phrase.
13.Save a news source you have registered as a file (.an3) to your disk. Send an RSS source data file to the iOS version of application (AllNews) through AirDrop.
14.Double-click on a source field to see a list of news articles for the selected RSS source.
15.Create a watch list and let AllNews watch out for any news article article matching any of the keywords.
16.The fullScreen mode is supported.
17.The application supports the retina screen. (tested with 2014 2.6 GHz 13" MacBook Pro)
18.Languages: English only.
19.Application file size: 37.0 MB.
20.The application comes with a built-in 19-page user guide. Click on the button that says ‘User’s guide for AllNews Desktop 3’ in the Home screen.
- System requirements -
1. 10.13 (tested with 10.13.6), 10.14 (tested with 10.14.4)
2. 64-bit system
1. The application is free to use for the first week. Further continuous use of this application will require a one-time purchase of an in-app product. or it will cease to download news.
2. Letting the application update news requires the Internet connection.
Fix: The application did not check the Internet connection before attempting to deliver news.