Teach Your Monster to Read is an award-winning phonics and reading game that’s helped millions of children learn to read.
• Parents have seen significant improvements in their children’s literacy within weeks.
• Teachers claim it’s a wonderful and captivating classroom tool that helps their students learn to read.
• Kids love making their monster and teaching it read. They learn through play.
Children create a monster and take it on a magical journey over three extensive games - meeting a host of colourful characters along the way and improving their reading skills as they progress.
• Covers the first two years of learning to read, from matching letters and sounds to enjoying little books.
• Designed in collaboration with leading academics and game designers.
• Complements all synthetic phonics programmes used in schools.
• Suitable for school and home use.
• Includes all 3 games! First Steps, Fun With Words and Champion Reader!
The game is rigorous and works with any phonics scheme so it’s perfect for use in school and at home. It’s developed in collaboration with leading academics at the University of Roehampton.
The app is commonly used in preschool, primary school, kindergarten and first grade as an interactive teaching resource.
PROCEEDS GO TO THE USBORNE FOUNDATION CHARITY
Teach Your Monster to Read has been created by Teach Monster Games Ltd. which is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation. The Usborne Foundation is a charity founded by children’s publisher, Peter Usborne MBE. Harnessing research, design and technology, we create playful media addressing issues from literacy to health. Funds raised from the game go back into the charity, to help us become sustainable and build new projects.
• Complements Phases 2-5 of UK Government-approved Letters and Sounds and other major systematic synthetic phonics programmes.
• Absolutely no in-app purchases, hidden costs or in-game adverts. Perfect for kids!
• Suitable for ages 3-6.
• Designed in collaboration with reading experts from Roehampton University.
• Available on iPad and iPhone.
REVIEWS FROM TEACHERS AND PARENTS
"This game is the absolute best quality phonics game I have come across for educational and fun value."
Marie Lewis, Rochdale
“My class have reaped loads of benefits from using the programme and the difference in some of their reading skills has been dramatic."
Maria Andrews, Foundation Phase Teacher
"This is a fabulous game. I'm not kidding when I say that my daughter essentially learned all her letter sounds using First steps, with relatively minimal input from me! Great for parents to practise their letter sounds too."
Teach Monster Games Ltd is a subsidiary of The Usborne Foundation, a registered charity in England and Wales, charity number 1121957.
We've made some improvements based on your feedback. Please keep your reviews coming. We read every one!
• A glistening trophy icon will magically appear on your dashboard when you've achieved a new certificate!
• The way the game exits when the app is closed has been improved. It's now easier to continue where you left off if you've only exited the app for a few moments.
• Small bugs have been blasted away!
We love to read your success stories and we want to know what you’d like added to the game, so please leave a review. We are a charity with a mission to improve children's literacy, so we want to make this game as great as it can possibly be.
Wonderful to introduce at school and at home
We have been using Teach Your Monster to Read for the last 5months at school. The kids, parents, and teachers love it! Easy to use, wonderful to personalized learning, and excellent to introduce tech and phonics in the classroom.
That's excellent to hear. We're delighted that everyone, kids and grown-ups, are all loving Teach Your Monster to Read. Thanks, Alex
Reading made fun!
Teach Your Monster to Read” is the perfect blend of game and teaching-tool for families or educators looking to get their children / students intrinsically motivated to read. Emergent readers can choose the beginning levels that offer captivating and achievable challenges in a framework of contextual narratives. Creating the monster is just the beginning and the gamers will soon realise that reading leads to advancing the story and to helping develop one’s monsters with add-ons that they can choose along the way. Rewards are gathered and the goal of exploring more planets is embedded in a strategic linguistic journey that teaches reading and phonemic awareness. Context-rich graphics and riddles presented in this wonderful journey lay the groundwork for choosing the right paths leading to learner empowerment. The wide variety of skill-based activities add a surprise element that is facilitated by a narrator who encourages every step of the way. Parents, teachers and children will not be disappointed by this free resource that was created for the purpose of supporting learners as they develop a foundation for lifetime reading skills.
Great to hear you're making use of the different levels for different reading stages. Thanks for the review!