Linky lets you easily share webpage links, images and text extracts to Twitter and Mastodon from your iPhone and iPad.
Write your post, choose which preferred social networks and Linky will do the rest! You can connect Linky to Twitter and Mastodon.
Linky's very own iOS Share Extension allows you to post messages without ever leaving third-party applications.
Want to share a webpage Link? Linky can insert both the url and the title of the webpage as required. Linky will suggest images related to shared links and can attach them to your messages. It can also shorten links, giving you access to further link analytics.
How about selected text in Safari? Linky's Web Clipper extracts selected text and carries it over to the composer sheet, ready for you to edit. You can also make a text shot from the text selection for sharing as a beautiful image.
What about a great photo? Share images easily from Photos app and third-party applications. You can also preview the shared image in fullscreen before sending it.
Share any text too! Bring up the extension, the text is copied in the message, edit if required and share. It's that simple.
Use Markup to annotate, crop and edit images inline. Write or draw on the attachment, or add arrows and lenses, or obscure sensitive information.
"Linky 5.0 removes friction from sharing links, quotes, and images. I appreciate the intelligent use of Open Graph and Twitter Cards to save even more time, and I'm a fan of the deeper controls Linky brings when compared to the default share sheet of Twitter. I can't recommend Linky enough." - MacStories
"Linky turbocharges sharing links and images to Twitter from Safari or other apps supporting iOS extensions." 4/5 - Macworld
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2018 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2017 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2016 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2015 Edition
• MacStories Must-Have iOS Apps, 2014 Edition
• Supports Twitter and Mastodon.
• Post messages simultaneously on multiple accounts.
• iOS Share Extension is integrated directly into Safari and many other third-party apps, allowing to directly share text, images and web page links.
• Add multiple images to your messages (animated gif images are supported).
• Image preview in fullscreen.
• Suggestion of images related to shared links.
• Share selected text in Safari as a text shot image.
• Markup: annotate, crop and edit images inline. Available tools: Sketch, arrows, lenses, text blocks, pixelate, crop & rotate.
• Links, hashtags and mentions are color-highlighted when composing.
• Usernames are auto-completed when typing the @ symbol.
• Links can be shortened when the message is sent using bit.ly, CloudApp, Droplr, Goo.gl, and yourls.org (all link-shorteners require an account).
• Clipboard URL: If a URL is copied to the clipboard from another application, Linky will ask whether you want to use it.
• URL Scheme to launch Linky from other apps using the x-callback-url specification (in-app documentation and examples).
• VoiceOver accessibility for the visually impaired.
• Universal App (iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro).
• Designed for iOS 12 and the Retina HD Display.
• Supports iOS multitasking (Slide Over and Split View on the iPad).
• 3D Touch Peek and Pop in the message composer: peek at toolbar buttons (Link, Title, Text Clip) to get a quick preview and pop to insert in the message.
• Haptic feedbacks.
• Optimized for latest iPhone: XS, XS Max.
• Supports both portrait and landscape orientations on the iPhone and the iPad.
Linky 6.2 allows to make better Text Shots with two big new features: making text highlights and customizing the visual appearance.
Open the editor by tapping on the Text Shot thumbnail in the message composer. Here is what you can do:
∙ Making text highlights:
Swip over the text to highlight the parts you want people to pay attention to. You can make multiple highlights and choose between different colors.
Selecting the text is easy and fast because unlike a manual selection character by character, the selection is done by words. This is made possible by prior analysis of the text to determine the language and split it into sentences and words.
Once an initial selection is done, swiping the lower or upper bound moves the selection character by character so that it can be adjusted precisely if needed.
∙ Customizing the appearance:
Adjust the style between white, sepia, gray and black variants. Choose the text font and adapt other settings to make the Text Shot you like.
Choose the highlighted style: make it plain or select the natural style that uses a random highlighter texture varying with each line of text.
## OTHER IMPROVEMENTS:
- Added 2 new items in the tips gallery: “how to create universal music links” and “how to share to Messages, Mail and third party apps.”
- The application is now built using Swift 5 which reduces the app size by more than 40% on iOS 12.2+.
- Fixed Universal Music Links initiated from Apple Music app.
- Fix user interface glitches in the message composer.
- Removed Songwhip provider (Universal Music Links) due to an incompatibility introduced with recent changes in Apple Music.
I use it every day
Such a shame that you can’t post to Facebook. Their loss.
Can not add facebook pages.
We are sorry, the issue is not our fault. Since the last few months, Facebook is reevaluating existing apps. This week, after a review, and without warning us, Facebook has made the decision to remove Facebook access from Linky. The reason for the rejection is opaque. For most permissions, they say “This permission is not required for your app's intended function, or it doesn't appear to enhance the user experience”.
There is one more thing: beginning August 1 2018, Facebook will deny ALL third-party apps to post messages to user accounts.
For these reasons, Facebook support will be removed in the next update published in a week or so.