Artist's Viewfinder assists the filmmaker or still photographer in exploring different places and angles to find the optimal placement for the camera, and to second-guess compositions. By simulating real camera and lens combinations it allows you to visualize what you are going to shoot without actually setting up the camera. And it's also a great tool to train yourself to see.
Handles Like Your Camera
Exposure compensation. Auto-focus lock. AF confirmation beep. A Quick Control Screen for accessing frequently needed functions. Smart Function Keys. Shutter release via the Volume Up button. We designed the Mark II so that you could feel at home the moment you start working with it. And because it also saves high resolution photos, you can even use it as a regular camera.
Visualize the Grand Landscape
Paired with a 0.5x-class super-wide converter lens*, the Mark II becomes an indispensable tool for landscape and architecture photographers. The combination can simulate super-wide lenses up to around 16mm on the full-frame 35mm format. Or you can use it to compose super-wide stitched images. The Mark II even removes distortion present in the wide converter lens — in real time.
* FOR THE LIST OF SUPPORTED CONVERTER/DEVICE COMBINATIONS PLEASE VISIT: https://www.artistsviewfinder.com/tech-specs/
When There's No Need for Color
In black & white mode Artist's Viewfinder shows just the luminance information of the scene, making it easier to explore tonal structures and simulate what a black & white photograph will look like. Taking it a step further, the optional dark and neutral toolbar theme ensures that colors from the app doesn't interfere with your composition.
Unprecedented Simulation Flexibility
The Mark II leverages our extensive Viewfinder Camera Database, containing more than 700 still and motion picture cameras, 180 medium/large format backs and countless lenses — incorporating real lens data for ALPA, Hartblei, Hasselblad, Leica, Rodenstock, Schneider and Zeiss glass. And you can define your own cameras and lenses when you need something special for the job.
Does What Optical Viewfinders Can't Even Dream Of
Artist's Viewfinder stores location and simulation metadata with the pictures, allowing you to evaluate results of a location scout later on your computer. Or you can send the information off to the rest of the crew or to a rental house, right from the app. It also records a standard GPX format track log, alleviating the need for a separate logging device.
Want to Learn More?
To explore the complete list of features, please visit: https://www.artistsviewfinder.com/features/
Written by the author of the app, The Viewfinder Handbook is the ultimate source of information about the Mark II. Way more than a user manual, this free eBook not only walks you through the ins and outs of the app, but also provides conceptual background, insights and useful hands-on advice. Available in iPad optimized PDF format at: https://www.artistsviewfinder.com/handbook/
• Added support for iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, complete with lab measured angle of views and ultra wide camera handling. The proven real-time distortion correction technology we pioneered in 2013 produces almost perfectly rectilinear images from the ultra wide camera. The ultra wide camera can be activated with the WIDE icon on the Quick Control Screen or via the "Toggle Wide Mode (W)" function. RAW capture, optical image stabilization and focusing is not available with the ultra wide camera.
• 4th generation distortion correction engine improves image quality with wide and ultra wide angle converters.
• Added haptic feedback when Smart Function Key assignment is opened from the main screen.
• Corrected a possible exposure calculation problem when exposure is locked while exposure simulation is active.