Get America’s most useful and respected dictionary, optimized for your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. This is the best iOS app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
Offline access: You’ll have complete access to definitions whether or not you’re connected.
* Universal App
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* Favorite Word syncing through iCloud: Share your favorites between devices
* Apple Watch Extension: See Word of the Day, find watch-sized definitions with voice search, and keep track of your favorites from your watch
Fully featured and absolutely free, this app is supported by ads. You can remove ads for $1.99 per year with an in-app purchase charged to your iTunes account. Prices vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. You can manage your subscription in your account settings.
A Real Scam!
I bought this dictionary earlier this year. All of a sudden, you announce that it is no longer supported.
Now you insist that we pay ¥200 a year to get rid of ads. Is this fair?
I have since deleted the dictionary and upgrade it to include the thesaurus. The least you can do is to give people like me who had supported you, by buying your dictionary earlier, a discount. The price is a whopping ¥480. Very very unfair not to mention unethical!
Update: Deleting my earlier review about your scam will no stop me from lodging a complaint with App Store for fraud. You have 5 more days to refund me my money!!
Now's the time for Offline Pronunciation
A lot had improved. Please add Offline Pronunciation. Why should a user have to be connected to hear the pronunciation? Even when connected it takes 50 times longer to hear the sound. Funny, everybody has a couple of hundred MB to invest in a necessary dictionary, but your ulterior reason doesn't allow that. What a blatant shame!