A ‘hardware wallet’ without all the hardware.
MEWconnect is an official, free companion app for MyEtherWallet that helps you secure your funds as never before.
* * *
HARDWARE WALLET-STYLE SECURITY FEATURES
MEWconnect stores your private keys safely in a local, isolated, and secure vault on your device to protect your account like the ELEVENTEEN GOOGILLION dollars it will one day be worth (probably).
TWO STEP VERIFICATION TO PROTECT YOUR EVERY TRANSACTION
In the World of Crypto, you are your own bank. MEWconnect helps to ensure that you are you, and then that you are you again. You know, just in case.
PHISHERS WILL HAVE TO PHISH SOMEWHERE ELSE
No one can obtain your private key.
MEWconnect is official MyEtherWallet software. You can check the validity of the app yourself.
* * *
— No centralized servers for communication.
— No data collection
— Open source
Built and maintained by the MyEtherWallet team, the team that brought you the Ethereum’s original and most trusted wallet interface.
- Fixed rare issue that prevented some users from logging into the app
- Improvements to message signing
- Added what’s new alert, so you can catch up with the latest changes
- Additional confirmation if active network in MEW is not matching active network in MEWconnect
- Share address UI updates
- Minor layout improvements
- Buy Ether scenario fixes for iOS 10.x
- Multiple minor fixes and improvements
- Updated ‘Restore wallet’ flow
- Updated QR code scanning instructions
- Recovery phrase can be viewed in Info screen (password protected, and available only after the backup is completed)
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Completely re-designed 'restore from recovery phrase' flow.
- Improved authentication, and additional password brute force protection
- More accurate price estimates when purchasing Ether.
- Other minor improvements
1.0.7 More accurate price quotes for Buy Ether scenario.
- Smooth screen transition animations
- Reduced app loading time
- Other minor improvements
- Improved connection for some mobile operators.
- Improved Ether purchase history.
- Improved UI for token transactions.
1.0.4 Minor improvements to 'restore account' scenario.
1.0.3 UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
- New 'Share' screen with address QR code, and ability to easily share or copy your address. (Tap on QR code icon on the main screen to see it.)
- Fixed issues related to token transfer approvals, where token amounts and ‘Send to’ address was displaying incorrectly
- Sensitive data is now not visible in the Task Switcher anymore, the app immediately hides its content when switching apps
- Implemented password protection after the app goes on the background
- ‘Buy Ether’ history section improvements
- Buy Ether amount input UI improvements
- Fixed an issue of re-setting wallet from 'Forgot password' screen
- Fixed an edge case when ‘Balance refresh’ button stops working
- Tokens list UI fixes and balance update fixes.
- Added passphrase validator on Restore Wallet screen
- Removed comma from placeholder text (Restore screens)
- Updated "share" icon on the main screen
- Account address on the main screen is now also clickable
- Added sounds to QR code scanner
- Improved connection to desktop flow for some browsers
- UI fixes related to new iPhone models
- Various UI and bugfixes
1.0.2 Fixed the issue that caused the app to not connect to browser in some cases.
Thanks to everyone who reported it! Let us know if you still experiencing problems: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.0.1 Performance improvements
BAD I think that it is better not to use
If you have already a MEW account with your PC, this app will not help you at all. I believe the one who made this app is genuine stupid.
The point of MEWconnect is increased security. So you are correct, the app only allows you to do the same things the website does, however, because your keys are stored separately from your computer, its much safer than a keystore file, or private key.