Midori is a Japanese-English, English-Japanese dictionary. It's a perfect tool for those who are studying Japanese, with 910,000 entries, 150,000 example sentences, and many features that will make your Japanese learning experience much easier.
• More than 180,000 word entries. Each entry shows readings, meanings, and kanji breakdown.
• More than 12,000 kanji entries. Each entry shows readings, meanings, and example compounds.
• Example sentences with furigana (small hiragana above kanji).
• Words in example sentences are linked to the definitions.
• Over 6,000 kanji with stroke order diagrams and stroke order animations.
• Over 730,000 Japanese proper names, place names, given names, company names and product names.
SEARCH & TRANSLATE
• Search words by kana or romaji, such as あき or aki
• Search kanji by drawing them. Our Japanese handwriting recognition can handle arbitrary stroke order.
• Search kanji by radicals, e.g. 禾 + 火 -> 秋
• Search suggestion when the input is in a conjugated form, e.g. 走った -> 走る
• Search with wildcard characters, e.g. 日*人 returns all words that start with 日 and end with 人
• Search with the SKIP system
• Partial results when the full word is not found, e.g. searching for 青い本 returns the results for 青い and 本
• Fast incremental search gives you the result instantly as you type
LISTS & BOOKMARKS
• List of kanji as taught in Japanese schools from grade 1 to 6
• List of kanji by frequency as appeared in Japanese newspapers
• List of kanji and words by Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) levels
• Lists of hiragana and katakana, each with stroke diagram and animation
• Bookmarks with folders support. You can export, import, or share bookmarks with your friends.
• Flashcards for bookmarked words and kanji
• Audio pronunciations (from speech synthesis)
• Create a vocabulary list with definitions from Japanese text in one tap
• Scratch pad for practicing writing kanji on iPad
• No internet connection required. The app is completely offline.
• 3D Touch support
• Dark mode
• Universal app. Buy it once, run on all your iOS devices, whether it's iPhone or iPad
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com Thank you!
Fix crash on launch.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing app for Japanese Study
I highly recommend this app! I've been using it for more than two years and it has been a game changers. It's designed well and has a lot of great features! I especially love the ability to save and organize vocabulary/example sentences into lists that I can go back review at anytime.
App not displaying words correctly after iOS 11 upgrade. Please check and make changes.
Issue happening only when the word has characters less than 4. There is no issue with long words.
I like it but...
I’ve been using this app for more than over a year now and I honestly like it very much! But I don’t know since when, it’s been shutting down abruptly and making my phone screen black all of a sudden. This is the only problem I’m encountering with this app, other than that I love it and I appreciate this app a lot cause it help me with my Japanese studies a lot! I hope you can fix the sudden black out the app causes, please and thank you!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sukolsak Sakshuwong
- 174.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Sukolsak Sakshuwong
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.