NewsTap Lite is a Usenet Newsreader for the iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch.
"NewsTap Lite" is the free version of the "NewsTap" App. "NewsTap Lite" is a fully functional Usenet Newsreader, but it does not support all features of the "NewsTap" App. The Lite version only supports one server and can only subscribe to two group.
Features of NewsTap Lite:
- Optimized for offline usage. Download and send out articles in one go and then you can read and write articles completely offline.
- Supports binary groups with photos and other files.
- Supports filters to mark articles as read or mark them with a certain color.
- Hyperlinks are automatically detected and can be opened in a web browser.
- Optimized article layout for the small iPhone display. The original article layout is also available.
- A „tree view“ of a whole discussion makes is super easy to follow even large discussions.
- Highly customizable.
- Post new articles or send follow-ups.
- Build-in help.
For more screenshots please look at the developers web site.
Please check out the full version if you want to read more than 2 groups, need newsrc syncing and if you do not want to see iAds.
Fixes an issue with the keyboard which is sometimes covering the text when editing postings.
very good app I think.
but there's some problems when I read JIS encoded news.
characters are interpreted as ASCII or another so I can't read meaningful news but see broken message.
-- a Japanese user