WHAT IS OPENVPN CONNECT?
The OpenVPN Connect app does NOT independently provide a VPN service. It is a client application that establishes and transports data over an encrypted secure tunnel via the internet, using the OpenVPN protocol, to a VPN server.
WHICH VPN SERVICES CAN BE USED WITH OPENVPN CONNECT?
OpenVPN Connect is the only VPN client created, developed, and maintained by OpenVPN Inc. Our customers use it with our business solutions, listed below, for secure remote access, enforcing zero trust network access (ZTNA), protecting access to SaaS apps, securing IoT communications, and in many other scenarios.
- CloudConnexa™: This cloud-delivered service integrates virtual networking with essential secure access service edge (SASE) capabilities such as firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS), intrusion detection and prevention system (IDS/IPS), DNS-based content filtering, and zero-trust network access (ZTNA). Using CloudConnexa™, businesses can quickly deploy and manage a secure overlay network that connects all of their applications, private networks, workforce, and IoT/IIoT devices without owning and operating a multitude of complex, hard-to-scale security and data networking gear. CloudConnexa™ can be accessed from more than 30 worldwide locations and uses patent-pending technologies to create a full-mesh network topology for improved performance and routing to private applications—hosted on multiple connected networks—simply by using the application name (for example, app.mycompany.com).
- OpenVPN Access Server: This self-hosted VPN solution for remote access and site-to-site networking provides granular access control and supports SAML, RADIUS, LDAP, and PAM for user authentication. It can be deployed as a cluster to provide active/active redundancy and for operating at high scale.
OpenVPN Connect can also be used to connect to any server or service compatible with OpenVPN protocol or running the open source Community edition.
HOW TO USE OPENVPN CONNECT?
OpenVPN Connect receives configuration information for the VPN server using a “connection profile” file. It can be imported into the app using a file with a .ovpn file extension or a website URL. The file or website URL and user credentials are provided by the VPN service administrator.
- Temporarily ignoring unsupported options in a profile
- Fixed an issue on iOS 17 where the connection would drop during sleep when 'Battery Saver' was enabled
A Working App Finally!
It has been years of frustration trying to by pass Apps such as Netflix and so other Japanese Apps on my phone but finally this App works perfectly together with the proper files to Add.
Thank you guys for your amazing work
I finally can study Japanese better now that I am able to watch series with original subs.
Much love xxxx
Problem with connection via Settings.app
When I enable VPN via Settings.app, it shows "Conneted" but actually it is not connected.
iOS 12, iPhone XS
ｗ/ external certificate (The ovpn file does not contain it.)
Could you add App shortcuts in order to use automation on iOS 13.1? I wish I could connect&disconnect automatically when I leave or arrive home.
It's iOS Settings issue. Settings App doesn't have access to app exterlnal certs. You need to connect from application in this case.
New version doesn't ask for data permission
Some types of iOS devices requires permission for data access. Previously though it's not done properly, users can open private tunnel signup page to force a permission request. Now that part is removed and there's no way to get it work on these devices.
Hope it'll get fixed soon.
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- iOS 12.0以降が必要です。
- iPadOS 12.0以降が必要です。
- iPod touch
- iOS 12.0以降が必要です。
- 17+ 無制限のWebアクセス
- © OpenVPN, Inc.