OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses mbedTLS (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
* New profile import flow with WebAuth support and "Connect after import" ability
* Removed "Reconnect on Wakeup" setting
* Added "Battery Saver" setting in order to prevent multiple reconnections in the device’s sleep mode
* Added app notification in case when the VPN connection was interrupted
Ratings and Reviews
Problem with connection via Settings.app
When I enable VPN via Settings.app, it shows "Conneted" but actually it is not connected.
iOS 12, iPhone XS
ｗ/ external certificate (The ovpn file does not contain it.)
Could you add App shortcuts in order to use automation on iOS 13.1? I wish I could connect&disconnect automatically when I leave or arrive home.
Developer Response ,
It's iOS Settings issue. Settings App doesn't have access to app exterlnal certs. You need to connect from application in this case.
New version doesn't ask for data permission
Some types of iOS devices requires permission for data access. Previously though it's not done properly, users can open private tunnel signup page to force a permission request. Now that part is removed and there's no way to get it work on these devices.
Hope it'll get fixed soon.
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 15.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © OpenVPN, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.