Put photos on your home screen using the new iOS 14 widget system.
Create as many photo widgets as you like with one or more photos per widget. If you choose more than one photo, it will change photos on a time interval (which can be customized in the settings). Each widget can have separate photos. You can also show photos from a Photos app album.
This app is forever free with no ads or in-app purchases.
- Widgets with a single photo.
- Widgets with multiple photos that change on an interval (slideshow).
- Widgets showing photos from a Photos app album (slideshow).
- Three widget sizes.
- Tapping a widget shows a larger preview of the photo or opens a URL if you set that.
- The “Album” widget has a setting to show a random photo only from the most recent `n` photos in the album, where `n` is the number you choose.
- Import photos from your photo library or the Files app.
■ How it works
First, decide whether you want to select the individual photos to show (1) or just choose an existing Photos app album (2).
1. Add photos to the app which you can later choose from in a widget. Then add the “Photo Widget” widget with the “Photos” type and edit the widget to pick the photos to show.
2. Add the “Photo Widget” widget with the “Album” type and edit it to choose the album.
If you make two or more widgets of the same size where all of them are set to show all the photos or the same album, they will show photos in the same order. This is a limitation in the iOS widget system. You can work around this by giving the widgets unique names in the widget configuration.
〉 How do I add a widget to the home screen?
When on the home screen, long-press on the background (not on any icons), press the top-left “+” button, and select “Photo Widget”.
〉 How do I edit a widget?
When on the home screen, long-press on the widget, and select “Edit Widget”.
〉 Why can I only add 100 photos to the app?
This is because of a technical limitation in the iOS widget system. Hopefully, it can be increased in the future. It should be enough for most users though.
If you use the “Album” widget, there’s no limit to the number of photos.
〉 How can I hide the name of the app shown below the widget?
This is not possible. App developers have no way to hide it.
〉 How is this different from the built-in “Photos” widget?
The built-in widget only shows photos from “Memories” and “Featured Photos” in your photo library. There is no way to customize it or pick the photos to be shown.
〉 Why is this app free without ads?
I just enjoy making apps. I earn money on other apps.
- Fixed an issue that caused widgets to sometimes get stuck.
欲しかった機能 My hope system
The apple photo app cannot select the picture, its select automatically. However, this app can select my favorite pictures. Very good !
I enjoy it a lot. You can pick any pictures what ever you want, You can change it anytime, and the pictures were beautiful and clear