PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance.
The free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
Please note: PolyNome Pro (also available on the App Store) is the exact same app, but with the Pro features already enabled. This version of the app requires an in-app purchase if you wish to enable the Pro Features (see below for details)
• Practice with full drum grooves instead of a boring click
• Program drum line parts with flams, drags, ties and rolls
• Download 100s of Presets and Playlists from the Public Library
• Share Presets/Playlists with friends/students (a great tool for music teachers)
• Create and print setlists and use it to count off songs.
• Upgrade to Pro and get voice counting, Konnakol, 6-octave keyboard, and more
• Faders for 16th notes, triplets
• Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
• BIG NUMBERS
• Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
• Haptic pulse (on supported devices)
• 2 fully programmable metronomes (any rhythm, sound, accent combinations)
• Program ANY rhythm from a simple click to a full groove (per metronome)
• Save your work as Presets
• Sorting, searching, and labelling helps keep your library tidy
• Variable swing setting
• Any time signature
• Auto stop with rep counter
• Countdown timer with alarm
• Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
• Subdivisions from whole note to 32nd notes with EVERYTHING in between
• Smart Volume mixer
• Audiobus compatible
• AirTurn bluetooth pedal compatible
PRO FEATURES (available with in-app update)
• Record/Export audio file
• 150+ more sounds, including DrumLine
• 6 Octave Piano Keyboard for creating quick melodic ideas
• Konnakol Entry!
• Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
• Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes
• If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
• Email or AirPrint perfectly formatted band set-lists right from PolyNome
• Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
• Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce. This will announce each new item when it starts (or 1 bar before if you prefer)
• Create practice routines
• Auto tempo change options for creating quick warm-up/cool-down routines
• Tempo Boundaries allow you to automatically increase/decrease bpm between set tempos
• Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
• Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
• Auto-Counting adds voice count to your rhythms!
• PolyNome logs each preset you play, how long you played it for, and the tempo at which you played it
• View statistics and graphs showing you what you need to work on the most
• Add notes to the Daily Practice Log to help you remember how a practice session went
• Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
What people are saying about PolyNome:
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Steps Ahead, Kate Bush):
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. Tempo input by way of the number pad is a terrific feature, and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simple and brilliant: simply brilliant.”
Will Lee says...
"Wow! Polynome is a brilliant tool for drummers and any musician! It allows you to understand precisely what subdivisions among bars of time feel like, teaches you the drum rudiments, and so much more. I love "time check" where it'll leave bars of silence in between bars of click to see if your groove stays in time."
2.4.9 brings some great new features and improvements to PolyNome.
** New Voice Counting Options (Pro)**
- Tapping on a Metronome you'll see a new option for "Auto Counting". This will add voice counting to your rhythm to help you (or your student) learn how to count it!
- If you prefer to add counting manually, or you want to use voice numbers for something different, there's a new sound entry page called "Counting" that gives you buttons for the numbers 1 through 12, along with subdivision voice sounds. You can assign them to the rhythm as you wish.
** Tempo Improvements **
- Tapping and holding the tempo nudge buttons will now increment/decrement the tempo in steps of 10bpm. Or, if you prefer, by classical metronome steps (the behaviour can be set in Preferences)
- On the Quick Tempo Entry page, you'll now see the classical tempo terms under the tempo. You can swipe them to move between them, or tap on the label for a drop down of all terms. Choosing a term will set the tempo to the middle of the defined range.
- Swipe tempo is back!
** Backup Improvements **
- There's a new "Backup All" option in the Backup menu. This will create a single file containing all of your Presets, Playlists and Practice Events. You can AirDrop it to another device (for syncing), or save it to files.
(NOTE: You can only import this file into PolyNome version 2.4.9 and above)
- Importing is much faster in 2.4.9, and the most recent version of a Preset or Playlist is the one that's kept if a duplicate exists.
- All known bugs from 2.4.8 have been fixed. If you find others, please let me know via the chat feature on the Help page
- A lot of back end code has been re-written to make it easier to move forward with more exciting new features in future releases!
I hope you enjoy these new features.
If you have time to leave (or update) an App Store review, it's much appreciated and really helps with future development.
Any questions, just get in touch via the App.
Thanks for using PolyNome!
Joe,please come back to japan.
This is what I really wanted.
Finally here.Thank you.I recommend this to all musicians in the world.