SamplEase is an application designed to ease the process of biological specimen sampling, particularly in a fieldwork setting, through systematic assignment basic data to each specimen, such as labels, photographs, GIS locality, and other information. As such, this application can be of utility to researchers from multiple fields, particularly ecology, genetics, and breeding. SamplEase is an implementation of the ideas, concepts, and design of Drs. Hasan Alhaddad (email@example.com) and Bader H. Alhajeri (firstname.lastname@example.org). Drs. Alhaddad and Alhajeri teach and conduct research at Kuwait University.
1. Download SamplEase
2. Register SamplEase: Registration will ensure that each sample will be linked to the collector’s contact information.
3. Link SamplEase to Dropbox: A Dropbox account needs to be linked to SamplEase for the storage of specimen data and associated images.
1. Start a Session: A session is defined as a breeder, a location, or a trip where samples will be collected.
2. Enter Session Information: Session information is data shared among all samples.
3. Enter Sample Information: Sample information is unique for each sample, and includes such data as general notes and photographs. Samples can continually be added until the session is complete.
4. End session.
5. When internet is available, data will be deposited to the linked Dropbox account, in a folder with the label: App/SamplEase. When internet is not available, the session data will temporarily be stored on the device, and will be uploaded to the linked Dropbox account when internet is restored.
6. Each session data will be stored as a zip file, which includes a table of SamplEase data along with the associated images.
- Easy to use
- Data is automatically uploaded to Dropbox
- Multi-language data entry
- For each session, automatic assignment of: sample IDs, date and time, and GIS locality information
- Unlimited number of photographs can be associated with each sample
An error has been fixed which was occurring while trying to upload the data.