**WINNER “BEST DJ APP” DJ Mag Tech Awards 2014**
Serato’s first official app for iPad is designed to complement an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup. Serato Remote will connect seamlessly to your Serato laptop software and work with all supported Scratch Live and Serato DJ hardware. Control playback, Sync, Cue Points, Loops and Samples and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Perform all of your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Connect over USB for ultra low latency or wirelessly, freeing you to move around the stage.
Designed with real world performance in mind:
• Plug & Play with easy set up
• Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly
• Control Playback, Sync, Cue Points, Samples and FX
• Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops
• Perform super fast Instant Doubles
• Use Slicer Mode to trigger and slice up sections of a song with added effects
• New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX
• Set favorite FX for instant access
• Cue Point names and Overview colors inherited from the Serato laptop software
• Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop
• Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots Serato Remote has four performance tabs: PADS, SAMPLER, SLICER & FX, all have been meticulously designed for the smoothest flow. Each performance tab can be used with the Virtual Deck View or in Extended View.
The PADS performance tab gives you control of your Cue Points, Auto loops and Loop Rolls in the Virtual Deck View and in Extended View you can also access Manual Loops and Samples.
The SAMPLER performance tab opens up the Scratch Live or Serato DJ sample player. The 4 banks of 6 sample slots are easily accessed in Virtual Deck and Extended View.
• Adjust volume and playback of each sample individually or use Master Sampler Volume
• Different Playback Modes available for each sample slot along with Loop
• Sync your samples with Serato DJ
The SLICER tab gives you a powerful way of slicing up sections of your song and triggering them in-time with added effects.
• Adjust the DOMAIN and QUANTIZE sizes to choose how large the slice being triggered is.
• Add FX to your slices as your trigger them.
• Works with any Serato DJ supported hardware
PLEASE NOTE: SERATO DJ 1.6.1 (OR ABOVE) IS REQUIRED TO USE THE SLICER TAB
The FX performance tab gives you an easier and more creative way of controlling Scratch Live or Serato DJ FX
• Control FX in latched or temp modes
• Trigger Loop Rolls and FX simultaneously using FX Roll Mode
• Combine all your favorites in an easy-to-manage list with Favorite FX
Control your Serato library on your laptop with the Library Nav icon in the centre of the Virtual Decks. Navigate your tracks and TAB to your crates, files or folders.
• Drag to Virtual Decks to load
• Perform super fast Instant Doubles by dragging from deck-to-deck
Serato Remote is designed to complement an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup, you will need: the latest version of iTunes, Scratch Live or Serato DJ supported hardware.
The latest release of Scratch Live 2.5+* or Serato DJ 1.2.1+
*Scratch Live 2.5 has official support for Serato Remote 1.1. Only Serato DJ 1.7.2 (or above) will support Serato Remote 1.2.
PLEASE NOTE SERATO REMOTE REQUIRES SERATO SCRATCH LIVE OR SERATO DJ LAPTOP SOFTWARE AND SUPPORTED HARDWARE.
For more information on the setup
Watch demos on Serato Remote
For Technical Support with Serato Remote
For more info on Serato Remote check out
iOS 10.3 compatibility
Must have app for Serato Scratch Live, Serato Dj users!!
Close, but no cigar
Has potential but it still doesn't do it for me.
I really need remote track loading, preferably by keyboard search.
As far as I can see this only offers navigation through track lists, but you are actually blind if you are away from the screen.
I really need a scrolling list on the iPad or keyboard search. Even if it means some sort or sync process before using.
VirtualDJ does do it either.
At the moment, there is nothing.
I run videos that I sync with the DJ. Every second counts. VDJ can't hack the HD frame rate, but it still works if hands on.
I need something to get me out from BEHIND the booth.