SkySafari 6 Plus goes beyond most basic astronomy apps by providing you with a full-featured space simulator with telescope control and Augmented Reality (AR) mode.
Note that there is no discount upgrade path from SkySafari 6 Plus to SkySafari 6 Pro. Choose carefully!
Here's what's new in version 6:
1) Complete support for iOS 11 and iPhone X. We got you covered and release regular updates.
2) Clouds and Astronomy. Two words that rarely go together. Rewritten from the ground up, SkySafari 6 Plus will (optionally) back up all of your observing data in our secure cloud storage and make it easily accessible to multiple devices as well as from our new web interface, LiveSky.com.
3) We Have The Best Stars. Precise, modern and deep. We’ve updated our star catalog to use the latest and greatest, UCAC5 star catalog.
4) Observers First. A redesign of our tools puts the active observer first. Quick access to features like your equipment, observing sites, lists, and observations make it easy and enjoyable to get out, observe, and record your observations.
5) Graph It. The completely new graph tool will give a quick visual representation of an object’s altitude above the horizon. Essential for planning your night’s observations.
6) Plan It. Make the most of your time under the stars. Our updated planner is a powerful tool that lets you create a list of targets for your observing session with filters like object types, specific time ranges, constellation, catalog, and more. Plan it and get more done.
7) Say It. Ever just wanted to just yell at your device and tell it what to do!? SkySafari 6 adds basic voice control for a wide range of operations. Say “select Jupiter,” “search for Titan,” “center on Polaris” and SkySafari will do the work for you. Yelling optional.
8) Tilt It. Every old astronomy app these days lets your tilt and pan your device to show different parts of the sky, but who else lets you control your telescope that way!? “Tilt to slew” is an optional mode allowing you to keep your eye in the eyepiece, and, using the accelerometers in your device, gently translate the movements of your hands into smooth telescope motion.
9) Share It. SkySafari 6 is more than just a mobile app, it’s a new system to help organize and share your observing experiences. With a free signup, you can see and share your observing data from our web portal, LiveSky.com! Affordable premium memberships add online editing, so you can not only view, but edit your observations, add new observing sites, manage your equipment and more. Finally, (coming soon) you can view, edit and manage your settings files with SkySafari Web, our fully functional web version.
If you haven't used SkySafari 6 Plus before, here's what you can do with it:
• Hold your device up, and SkySafari 6 Plus will find stars, constellations, planets, and more!
• Simulate the night sky up to 10,000 years in the past or future! Animate meteor showers, conjunctions, eclipses, and other celestial events.
• Learn the history, mythology, and science of astronomy! Browse over 1500 object descriptions and astronomical images. Explore NASA space missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek for all major sky events every day!
• Control your telescope, log and plan your observations.
• Night Vision – Preserve your eyesight after dark.
• Orbit Mode. Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly through our solar system.
• Time Flow – Follow the motion of sky objects as days, months, and years are compressed into a few seconds.
• Advanced Search – Find objects using properties other than their name.
• Support for Apple Watch!
• Tonight at a Glance: the Sun, Moon, Planets, ISS, and Iridium flares in one handy view!
• Notifications when the ISS will pass overhead, when Iridium satellites flare, and more!
• Much more!
For even more features, and a gigantic database aimed at the most dedicated amateur or professional astronomer, check out SkySafari 6 Pro!
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing with a new in-app purchase that allows you to follow the Apollo 11 crew on their historic mission! Explore all Apollo Space Missions (from Apollo 8 to Apollo 17) and place yourself at the exact spot along the lunar trajectories of the Apollo spacecraft, during the most memorable and historic moments of these flights.
+ Travel along on the Apollo Space Missions, including Apollo 11 and the first lunar landing
+ Includes nine missions flown by the Apollo astronauts during the 1960's and 1970's
+ View the Earth and Moon as it appeared to the crew. Land on the Moon, then blast back into lunar orbit!
+ Links to key moments of the Apollo 11 Lunar Program
+ Moon inbound and outbound trajectories for Apollo 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17
+ Accurate 3-D models of the Apollo Spacecraft - including the Saturn V rocket, the Command Service Module and the Lunar Lander Module
+ Lunar Landing site Panorama for Apollo 11
+ The simulated trajectories have been made as accurate as possible, using actual data published by NASA.
• Fixed bug in the Tonight at a Glance view where the Help button wasn't positioned correctly.
• Tweaked the UI in a few places.
• New icon for Tonight button.
• New user interface for the Observing List repository.
• Fixed crash that could happen while zooming the view in and out.
• Performance improvement in drawing the chart.
• UI changes to make it easier to create multiple observations of an object in a specific observing list.
• Fixed bug where zoom buttons didn't work in chart views other than the main one.
• Added a "Show Last Observation" item to the Observations view. This facilitates easily getting back to your last observation.
Please localizing into Japanese!