SkySafari 6 is a powerful planetarium that puts the universe at your fingertips, and is incredibly easy to use! Quickly locate planets, constellations, satellites, and millions of stars and deep sky objects. Discover why SkySafari 6 is your perfect stargazing companion at home or under the night sky.
Here's what's new in version 6:
1) Complete support for MacOS. We got you covered and release regular updates.
2) Clouds and Astronomy. Two words that rarely go together. Rewritten from the ground up, SkySafari 6 will (optionally) back up all your settings files and make it easily accessible to multiple devices as well as from our new web interface, LiveSky.com.
3) Redesigned look and feel with a dark theme interface.
4) Configurable font sizes
5) Better control of magnitude limits
6) Improved databases
7) Better updating of Comets and Asteroids (more recent data)
8) Better Moon display when zoomed out
If you haven't used SkySafari 6 before, here's what you can do with it:
• SkySafari will find stars, constellations, planets, and more! The star chart updates automatically in real time for the ultimate stargazing experience.
• See an eclipse now, in the past or in the future! Simulate the night sky from anywhere on Earth many years in the past or in the future! Animate meteor showers, comet approaches, transits, conjunctions, and other celestial events with SkySafari’s Time Flow.
• Locate the Sun, Moon, or Mars from our extensive database and track the arrow to be directed to their exact locations in the sky before you. See spectacular views of Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and other planets!
• Learn about the history, mythology, and science of heavens! Browse from hundreds of object descriptions, astronomical photographs, and NASA spacecraft images in SkySafari. Explore tons of NASA Space Missions! Stay up-to-date with SkyWeek, for all major sky events every day – miss nothing!
• 120,000 stars; over 200 star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies; all major planets and moons, and dozens of asteroids, comets, and satellites including the International Space Station (ISS).
• Animated meteor showers with complete viewing information & spectacular graphics.
• Orbit Mode – Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly like a NASA space probe through the solar system. Requires in-app purchase.
• Night Vision – Preserves your eyesight after dark.
• Apple Maps Integration – Choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
• Horizon Panoramas – choose from beautiful built-in vistas, or customize your own!
• Much more!
For even more features, and telescope control check out SkySafari 6 Plus and SkySafari 6 Pro!
• Improved performance syncing data with LiveSky.
• Various other performance and stability changes.