SpaceCraft is a musical instrument (MIDI, MPE, AUv3, IAA).
With this instrument you can transform any sound into a playable musical instrument via a technique known as Granular Synthesis. With SpaceCraft, you can create textures, soundscapes and arpeggiated rhythms from everyday sounds such as your voice, ambient noise or the high quality built-in audio samples.
Tap the 'Import Audio' button (top left) to record audio via your device's microphone or load a file from your device (access* to iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Audioshare etc.). Experiment with turning everyday sounds into unusual instruments. Try recording your voice or ambient noise!
Tap the 'rec' button (top right) to record your performance (maximum 20 minutes).
Supports AUv3 and IAA (recommended to use in the effects slot to allow live input audio recording).
* iOS11 and above provides equivalent folder access to the built-in iOS 'Files' app. iOS10 and below has limited access to folders (no Audioshare folder access)
- new CC mapping options in advanced settings: Disable, Default and Legacy (see www.deltavaudio.com/about for mappings)
- 'Disable' disables all mappings except sustain (CC64), seaboard reserved CCs and all notes off (CC123)
- 'Default' is a NEW* mapping (see below)
- 'Legacy' is the previous mapping from v1.1.0
- option to select 'no channels' for midi notes in
- ability to select midi channel for CC in
- added *.m4a audio file compatibility
- added feature in advanced settings to change scaling of Y-axis/Slide (grain position modulation) for MPE
- fixed bug where notes sometimes didn’t load when opening a preset which included a scale change
- fixed bug where visualisation of waveform would not appear in the edge case where an audio file is loaded via the preset panel when in live sampling mode
* the CC mapping added recently in V1.0.0 on the App Store unfortunately clashes with some midi standard CC mappings. The new ‘default’ mapping is designed to avoid such clashes, improving compatibility with other apps/devices. For existing users who have used the old CC mapping in their recent projects, you can select ‘legacy mapping’ in advanced settings. However, it is recommended to switch the default mapping to avoid issues in future. Note that this does not in any way impact parameters mapped to CC via an AUv3 host.
See website for a list of the default/legacy mappings