Learn to read Japanese with TangoRisto, a Japanese reader for language learners.
With easy to access furigana and English definitions Tangoristo helps you learn Japanese faster.
News articles are updated and processed every day to give you fresh and interesting content to read.
• Sort articles by their difficulty level
• Tap a word to see its English translation
• Furigana for all words + adaptative display by JLPT level
• Highlight vocabulary by its JLPT level
• Verb conjugation identifier
• Bookmark documents to read later
• Bookmark words
• Extracts vocabulary list for each text organized by JLPT level and part of speech
• Export vocabulary lists to tab separated format
• Quick links to look up each word on reference sites like Jisho.org, Tangorin, Japanese Exchange, etc.
• Universal app, Tangoristo runs on both iPhone and iPad!
• Night mode for a better reading experience in low light.
• Listen to the spoken article text (available mostly on NHK Easy and Hukumusume folk tales).
• NHK News Easy analyzed and updated every day
• NHK News for advanced readers
• Japanese folk tales
• RSS feed article summaries
In other words...
TangoRisto analyzes short Japanese texts from the web to facilitate your reading flow. This app encourages you to read and explore the vocabulary in short texts from the Web. You can review the vocabulary for each text, filter it by your reading level and bookmark your favorite articles.
I find more often than not real learning breakthroughs happen when observing language in context. Hopefully this app will help you to take the knowledge you are acquiring in class or through standard learning materials, and apply it to read real texts.
- Restored word audio button on word detail view.
- Brought back the option to export a single vocabulary entry on the the word long press menu.
- Brought back the "restore in-app purchases" button on settings. If you purchased ad-removal and are still seeing the Patreon banner on the document feed, please try using this button to have the banner removed. Sorry, it is not my intention to overload you with banners.
- Temporarily removed TechCrunch feed which was causing the app to crash.
The best app for learning japanese
This app is really amazing for summarize all the news from NHK and NHK easy in one app.
I found that the "playback" button is missing in NHK side & cant playback on NHK easy recently, hope can fix that as this funtion is really important.
Really thanks for creating this app!
This is a very good language learning app!
I lived in Tokyo from 1986 to 2015 and speak Japanese (JLPT N2). I now live in Europe for work, and travel to and from Japan regularly. This app is very handy to read news on or off line. It has features found in the Midori and Japanese apps, but the interface is more friendly for news reading. I recommend this app for studying at any level of Japanese. My thanks to the app designer.
Great for learning
I like this one better than the other ones I've tried. The ability to add furigana only for over a certain N-level is really helpful. And the dictionary function is unobtrusive, letting you reference quickly and continue reading with minimal steps.
I recommend this to anyone as a great starting block if you want to practice reading Japanese.