Photo academy in your pocket! The basics of photography for beginners and useful tools for professionals.
＊ "Editor's choice" in more than a 100 countries;
＊ Starbucks "Pick of the Week";
＊ "App Store's Amazing Apps & Games" participant;
＊ #1 top paid app in 19 countries;
＊ #1 top paid app in "Photo & Video" category in 43 countries.
Even though everyone has a camera these days, taking a truly good picture still requires knowledge and mastery.
With Great Photo App, you will start learning photography by practicing: with the help of interactive lessons, you will gradually gain understanding of the foundations of the art of photography.
We will take you on the road to knowledge through the varied aspects of photo making with the help of easy to understand exercises. Just like a real friend, the app will point out your mistakes and praise your successes.
You will learn:
- What exposure is, how to select the right exposure, and what influences this.
- Aperture. Its full importance and all of its effects for your pictures.
- Shutter speed. You decide whether to freeze time or slow it down. We are giving you the key to understanding this process.
- ISO. Demonstration of how ISO affects exposure and image noise.
- Depth of field. Visual presentation of everyone's favorite blurred background.
- Camera lenses. Study the difference between focal lengths by taking pictures of a beautiful model using a variety of lenses;
- White Balance; what is White Balance and color temperature and how to use it;
- Basics of studio light; what is the difference between rim light and fill light? How to correctly set up your first lighting scheme;
- Lighting setups for studio portraits; 10 core lighting setups for studio photograpy with datailed light source diagrams;
- Studio light: professional tool for choosing studio lighting setups;
- Studio portrait+: 18 more studio portrait lighting setups.
The comprehensive lighting manual will give you the opportunity to find yourself at the shooting location complete with an obedient model and lighting equipment.
Experience for yourself what it means to shoot in artificial light.
You will have access to more than 1,000 lighting setups for your quests, studies, and demonstrations.
Easy interface, friendly environment, and our personal team of models.
Start your photographic adventure with The Great Photo App and get on the road to the best picture.
And may you have good light!
Added support for new devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
101 with style...
Despite being (slightly) past the level of photography comprehension this app is aimed at, after going through the various lessons offered within I think this would be a great tool for those wanting to transition from smartphone/compact digital to the DSLR (digital single lens reflex) world. Interactive, and relatively simple in presentation, it takes the intimidating edge off the often intimidating learning process using dynamic, real-time images to show, rather than tell. The inclusion of strobe/flash basics is nice though if you're a true photography beginner, I might suggest not bothering with those sections until you feel comfortable with natural light and the other basics.
Overall, a good app that does what it sets out to do, with a touch of style.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Baglan Dosmagambetov
- 70 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Mobile Creators
- In-App Purchases
- Location light ¥370
- Light basics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.