Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has wide support for most features in Mastodon.
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Also, many icons by icons8.com.
* Fixed a problem with translation language selection.
* Fixed the display of hashtag names on the instance screen.
* Fixed loading instances when adding a new server.
* Fixed toot editing to be available on v3.5 servers.
* v21.0: You can now follow hashtags. Followed hashtags will show up in your home timeline.
* v21.0: If your server supports it, you can now translate posts with one tap! You can also adjust what language to translate into.
* v21.0: The feature to scroll back to your last position when tapping to scroll to top a second time is now optional, and off by default. If you liked it, turn it on in the settings!
* v21.0: The scroll back feature also works slightly better.
* v21.0: Fixed a crash during timeline position syncing.
* v21.0: Possible fix for a bug with scrolling to top.
The application seems wonderfully designed, I almost feel giddy every time I open it, seeing the animation that happens. I haven’t experienced any issues using it so far, the only thing I can bring up is a request for a feature?
I’m sure there may be reason but is a translation feature possible? Or would it be counter intuitive?
The above isn’t a complaint though though, this application is definitely 5 stars.
Best Mastodon app so far?
I’ve messed with almost all of these apps and this one is the most usable one IMO. Very good multi instance support. The one complaint is the weird swiping operation for switching instances is not very easy to do. Would rather be able to just tap to switch or something
People I know complain about the name of this app as a reason to not use it. Shrug
You can feel that they put a lot of thought into making this app. Especially appreciate the chance to have a setting that blocks me from posting pics without descriptions.
Any chance that you will add the language setting option that the web interface has? I post in multiply language so I would like to set which language they are on.
- Dag Agren
- iOS 13.6以降が必要です。
- iPadOS 13.6以降が必要です。
- iPod touch
- iOS 13.6以降が必要です。
- 17+ 無制限のWebアクセス
- © 2018-2022 Dag Ågren
- Toot! for Men ¥300
- Toot! is too cheap ¥900